More threads by sharack

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If you remove a duplicate business listing from the dashboard, and check marked the option to remove it from google maps.

shall you also mark the old business as closed?

Totally depends on the situation.

You refer to it as a dupe in your dash. Clicking delete from maps in dash won't delete it if there are citations for that version of the listing.

If it's not really a dupe as you saym but an old location you moved away from then yes mark it closed. That won't delete it but it will pull it out of search so it won't come up for KW searches but will still come up for direct name/city searches.

Hi Linda,

The old business name closed permanently. My client rented that space for his business. When I added the listing on google places, the old business name showed up in my dashboard, google picked it up from a local third party citation. So now we have two different business names but same address and phone number.

FYI the old business name listing was removed from the third party citation google picked up the info from.

I am going to delete the old business name from maps and dash and mark it as closed but just need confirm.

Thanks

Minor change.

delete the old business name from maps and dash and mark it as closed.

If you select delete from maps it will still be in dash and show as suspended. You want to delete from dash because it's against guidelines to have 2 claimed. Then mark as closed.

Updating this item,

I have followed what Linda said and indeed google removed the old business and my clients listing is now live replacing the old listing.

The only strange thing I see here is that the address on maps does not have the unit number and the listing on google places dash has the unit number. I wonder it this is a matter of time or should I report it?

The only strange thing I see here is that the address on maps does not have the unit number and the listing on google places dash has the unit number. I wonder it this is a matter of time or should I report it?

This is a pretty common scenario. You could try reporting it with the Toubleshooter or use the phone support option.

Check Map Maker as well and add the suite# if it's not there.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom