More threads by Dino

Dino

Reaction score
One of my clients is starting to get more calls than he can handle (this is a problem we actually don't mind having) so we need to set him up with an answering service. Anyone use a company they really like? Would love your recommendations.

Regards,
Dino

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it's in the UK so I'm not sure it's much good to you :(

Thanks, unless they have a US operation, then it wouldn't work for my client in San Diego.

Yes! In the past year I have personally tried 4 different services and 3 had major problems. The one that has been working out has been great for 6 months. They always answer professionally. They appear to be seamlessly part of my operation. They have an app so that I can easily let them know when I am in a meeting and they can update their system in real time...and they are never surly. They are always upbeat.

They take calls for me from morning until 9pm EST but they are located in Portland so the same timezone as your client.

If you have any questions I am happy to answer them.

Here is a link that saves the $95 setup fee and credits me with the referral. However, feel free to just go direct as well.

https://pearl.callruby.com/Referred.aspx?r=EK9FFG

Their direct url is simply callruby.com

Will definitely use your link. Thanks for the tip!

No worries. I spent the better part of 4 or 6 months looking for a service that was good beyond the first week and these were the only ones that were consistent. Some of the other companies I tested were cheaper-some more expensive. With ruby keep in mind that if you have 2 companies you can add the second for only $20 per month. They don't showcase that feature but it exists.

I suppose he's not interested in expanding? (my clients love being overwhelmed... typically gets them giddy for expansion, which for most is a life long dream)

If I were you, I'd try segregating my call tracking lines. I'd test this for a week and send the main line to a REALLY well done voice mail (something subtly indicating "we're on the line working with another client and be right with you" NOT we're too lazy to answer the phone and don't understand what customer service is.... HUUUUGE difference as I'm sure you know.)

Screen/filter the winners and auto email VM to client receptionist. Sell the rest or get creative with a strategic partnership of that company.

This will do two things: A, conversions will drop and screening will go up, usually resulting in higher quality leads which your client will love (** only seriously interested people will normally call back twice, leave vm's, etc...) and B, create a potential opportunity with a sister company, and so on.

Anyhow, just an idea. Now that I think of it, it may not be practical for most businesses/clients that weren't created for lead gen.

** - Normally is the key word here... I've been wrong on more than one occasion with certain industries where tire kickers will call and call and call.., only to price shop their estimates to death and waste everyone's time except for the poor sap that ends up working for them for peanuts.

Thanks, Matt. Yes, this is similar to what I will be setting up for him. You're right, he gets all the calls and needs a way to segment the good from the bad, or in his case the $4000 installations from the $100 service calls. Once he can find a service that can do that, they will forward or text him the calls he can follow up with. the others will be subcontracted out to his apprentice.

Regards,
Dino

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom