More threads by prota

prota

Reaction score
I had a quick question. I'm working with a client who wants to keep their address hidden. If I use schema for a business for a site, would this show my business address. Even, if I have indicated to google to hide it? Thanks for your help.

According to the Schema.org website:

More is better, except for hidden text.
In general, the more content you mark up, the better. However, as a general rule, you should mark up only the content that is visible to people who visit the web page and not content in hidden div's or other hidden page elements.

There probably is a way to do what you're asking but I'm pretty certain it's not advisable.

An important part of Local SEO is to have NAP exactly matching what's in the dashboard on every page of the website and ideally mark it up in Schema. So that would include address. Again ideally.

Tell client if it's at bottom of site in footer, few will notice it and even if they do, they will likely not look it up to see it's a home address. If they really insist on not showing it, you could still use Schema on the site for name and phone and just delete address. Just warn them it could have a slight negative impact.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom