More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Here's an interesting one...

I've talked about my method of getting a double #1 a little. I teach in in-depth in my Local SEO course but in a nutshell it involves special way of ranking an internal page in addition to the homepage.

Here is an interesting result I just found though that at 1st glance appears to be a DOUBLE home page listing. It's #2 in organic PLUS "F" in blended.

doubleplumber.jpg

The search is Plumbers Las Vegas, NV

NOTE: They both show the root domain - precisionpluminglv in the SERPs.

But the site in organic is: http://www.precisionpluminglv.com

The F spot is http://precisionplumbinglv.com/ with NO WWW.

They are each 2 different sites. The WWW looks like an old site the HTTP site looks like a newer heavy on the marketing site.

But whats interesting to me is I've never seen a root domain branch to 2 different sites like that. Normally the www and non www are the same and only one should work the other is typically redirected.

doubleplumber.jpg

Linda, both domain names are different, the missing letter is b:confused:
precisionplumbinglv & precisionpluminglv
(old school seo tactics still works?) they've registered domain names with misspelled word (plumbing/pluming):eek:

Linda, both domain names are different, the missing letter is b:confused: (old school seo tactics still works?) they've registered domain names with misspelled word (plumbing/pluming):eek:

Thanks Jerry. I compared back and forth 3 times looking for differences and just could not see that missing B. Thanks for catching.

Unless they moved their offices just down the street, something is a tad screwy.

Look at the NAP Data of the two sites against a map

7320 Smoke Ranch Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89128 to 7500 W Lake Mead Blvd #9, Las Vegas, NV 89128 - Google Maps

Then when I saw the above from Daniel I thought, wow maybe I was asleep at the time and this is 2 different companies. But no both sites have the same video with same owner on them.

So lesson learned, I'll sure check more than 3 times before I post the next one. :eek:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom