More threads by Chris Ratchford

Hi Travis,
Totally agree - I am working on a set of screencasts that cover each area of the product. I also like your referral suggestion, that is something Mike and I have been talking about and are prioritizing.
-Don

Hello! I know I am jumping into the discussion way to late concerning review services. Here is something to think about and something we have learned over the last couple of years about reviews. Businesses owners are busy and need something that is automated (they don't have to do anything other than gather positive feedback). We think this is important.

The success of a review service is amplified when combined with a customer feedback tool such as Listen360 (check them out online---they have an amazing tool). This way you can target those clients who are advocates of your business and are most likely to write you a review.

Another thing we have learned is that a lot of review services put a direct link to Yelp. This is against Yelp's guidelines. The review will most likely go into their filtered folder.

I could go on and on, but wanted to give a couple of brief insights we have gathered over the years!

Wishing everyone well!

Hey Ginger, it's never too late to jump in with great feedback. :)

Welcome, thanks for joining us and for weighing in.

Ginger, can you provide a link to Yelp's guidelines that specifically states linking directly to Yelp is "against Yelp's guidelines?" All I could find was this:
https://biz.yelp.com/support/review_solicitation

You'll note they actually encourage business owners to link directly to their listings. Granted, it does say that they *discourage* soliciting for reviews and that such reviews may get filtered. My understanding of Yelp's filter is that will usually happen for new Yelper's - not so much because they were sent to Yelp via a direct link. Am I wrong?

I guess my point is this...if you have a page that says, "Hey, we're on these sites. Please leave us a review on one of these" and then you provide links to your various listings - Yelp being one of them - I doubt it's against Yelp's guidelines and even if it is, I doubt the review will be automatically filtered out strictly because of that link. If it's filtered, it will be because the person is a new Yelp user.

Travis

Another thing we have learned is that a lot of review services put a direct link to Yelp. This is against Yelp's guidelines. The review will most likely go into their filtered folder.

I could go on and on, but wanted to give a couple of brief insights we have gathered over the years!

Wishing everyone well!

Hi Chris and everyone, I am using Yotpo, and so far so good and they are free. Also easy to navigate around. So that is a bonus!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom