More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
There are a lot of really good top local citation lists floating around, many that are fairly recent. But I don't think I've seen a biggest local directory list per se.

Andrew Shotland just posted both a Largest Local Business Directories and Top U.S. Local Citation Sources, over at the Yext blog.

The Most Important Local Business Directories for SEO

So with this in mind, we thought it would be helpful to provide a list of the local business directories that we think can be most helpful for your SEO efforts. While other sites have put together similar lists, invariably they focus on a grab-bag of sites, many of which are irrelevant. We wanted to go for only those that are truly important and worth spending time on.

We have divided them into two lists:

The Largest Local Business Directories in the US

The Top U.S. Local Citation Sources

Read the rest here

Good stuff! Thanks Andrew!

~ Curated News for the Local Search Community

I appreciate the other article referenced in the comments by the author called The Best U.S. Citation Sources by Category.
There they list the best citation source by niche, such as these and a lot more:

• Chiropractors
  • Contractors
  • Dentists
  • Doctors
  • Electricians
  • Roofing Contractors

Before reading this article I actually had already signed up for Whitespark's Local Citation Finder. I think it will be worth the investment as I have multiple clients that will benefit from this info.

Russ

Thanks Linda and russofford,

This is really a good source of the citation sites and help in making a good presence and trust for the local business.

I have worked on these sites with my clients.

Thanks
Pankaj Kumar

Good one Travis. I thought I'd posted it before but missed it and even if was posted prior is a great addition to this list. Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom