More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
be found across the web.jpg Received this on Thursday - after my client had received one on Wednesday.

Linda's guidance on my previous thread about a potential duplicate helped me to work out what is going on.

We both set up Google+ Business pages when they were first introduced - long before Google Places became Google + Local.

We both stopped posting on them when our businesses got a Google+ page instead of a Places page and we realised that there could be some conflicts.

The real problem here is that we are both SABs - service area businesses - who are not entitled to a Google+ Local page under the current rules.

It seems a bit off that Google are inviting us to 'be found across the web' by verifying these pages... when their rules say that we're not allowed to have them :(

be found across the web.jpg

Thanks for this update Jo, I still haven't seen an update notice yet and was curious about SABs with a +business page already, like you mentioned!

---------- Post Merged at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Thanks for this update Jo, I still haven't seen an update notice yet and was curious about SABs with a +business page already, like you mentioned!

Received similar mail yesterday from Google + team to verify business page for SAB client :confused:

I'm just not replying to mine for the moment - until we have proper clarification. It's a shame the email is a no-reply so we cannot ask :(

Hi Jo,

I had a non-SAB client receive the same e-mail today.

Seems to me that Google is just trying to encourage businesses who have a claimed G+ Local page and a G+ Business page in the same account to go through the verification process.

Not 100% sure why though since the new dashboard will allow this to be completed in one click of the mouse. Even for SAB's...

I don't have a claimed G+ Local Page and G+ Business Page in the same account :(

I had told all my clients not to create anything because it would all get sorted out in the final transition.

I don't have a claimed G+ Local Page and G+ Business Page in the same account :(

I had told all my clients not to create anything because it would all get sorted out in the final transition.

Oh, ok. Must be for any business with a G+ Business page that hasn't been verified.

Hi Jo,

Just posted this in the other thread to you:

Sorry Jo, thought you knew the difference. The link below to a BIG post I did explaining it all was in your training. Part 1 training docs top of page 6. (Sorry I know there is an overload of info in there.)

Here it is: Crazy Google Local Page Name Conundrum - Clearing the Confusion

My page is a merged/verified Google+ Business page. (Should not be. I jumped gun and merged before Google told anyone that hidden addresses should not. They told me I could keep it that way for testing, but again hidden address should not have merged.)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom