More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You all know how kludgy photo/image uploads are in the old Google Places dashboard right? If your client wants a new cover photo, you have to delete all 10 and start over because there is no re-ordering photos and the 1st photo is the profile photo.

Can you spell W A S T E D... T I M E ?

Well that and many other problems will become a thing of the past once you get upgraded to the new Google Places Dashboard.

I have not seen any discussions here about it and was not sure folks were aware, so here's a screen shot from the test account Google gave me. I've been meaning to share this feature update for awhile now.

Image Management in the New Google Places Dashboard

NewDashImages.jpg

Very nice! (And one of the many "better late than never" features you'll get with the new dashboard.)

PLUS in case you missed my announcement about it last week, Image uploads will be much faster with the new dash as well.

Got email from Jade saying that she posted an update at the Google forum.

Update - May 30

If you're using the new dashboard, your photo uploading experience is now improved. Photos uploaded via the new Place for Business dashboard will now go live in hours in most cases.
You can send us feedback about this and other features by clicking on the gear on the right ->

In case you have not seen all the other features here is my announcement post.
Major Update - New Google Places Dashboard - All-in-one Local Listing Management

Plus here is my May 25th announcement about the fact that the New Dashboard update is rolling out gradually to existing accounts. New Google Dashboard Rolling out to Existing Places Accounts

Change IS coming! Wait for it! :p

OR if you have already had the opportunity to work with the new dash, share your thoughts below.

NewDashImages.jpg

Ya I think after everyone is upgraded and gets used to the new dash we'll all be relieved. So many things are improved and so many problems go away with the new interface!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom