More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Awesome, awesome White Board Friday over at Moz (SeoMOZ) today by David Mihm.

How Business Listings Are Made - Whiteboard Friday - Moz

<iframe class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" src="http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/axeiryix0x?version=v1&videoWidth=600&videoHeight=338&volumeControl=true&playerColor=2299db&plugin%5Bsocialbar-v1%5D%5Bbuttons%5D=embed-twitter-facebook&canonicalUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmoz.com%2Fblog%2Fhow-business-listings-made-whiteboard-friday&canonicalTitle=How%20Business%20Listings%20Are%20Made%20-%20Whiteboard%20Friday%20-%20Moz" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="480" height="296"></iframe>​

David really explains how the cluster works well and this is something you'll want to bookmark and share with clients who can't understand why Google keeps changing their listing.

Short on time right now so can't add commentary. I did make a comment over there though. Read and share. Great stuff! Thanks David!

I just embedded the video to the 1st post and am bumping this for anyone that missed it on Friday.

Great stuff David!

This is awesome info, but it would seem to me that to fix bad data you should fix it through infogroup, and the other 2 major sources first, vs. trying to fix at individual directory sites. If so, how the heck do you do that? I know you can request this from neustar but not sure about the other two.

It would also seem very tough to change data that the government has?

I would start a new post in our citations forum with a relevant title like "Best way to clean up citations". You'll also find lots of existing advice on the subject in that forum.

The reason I say that is that your post here, while relevant may not get read with the current title. AND because citation Pros like Darren from Whitespark who is a Top Contributor here, have the citations forum set to notify them about new posts and they will reply with answers you likely won't get in this thread.

As you may have learned from my training, I'm not strong on citations and would not even consider citation cleanup for a million dollars. (I'd outsource it.) So I'm not much help, but we have lots of pros that are. Just need a subject like that's descriptive and will catch their attention.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom