More threads by MiriamEllis

Reaction score
Mike Blumenthals post, Google Plaque for Excellence: NOT | Understanding Google Places Local Search, highlighted the case of potentially-misleading awards plaque. Our member Travis Van Slooten left what I felt was a thoughtful comment, and in fact, the whole concept made a lightbulb go off in my own head about the real potential value of a putting legit sign like this in a storefront window. I decided to write about this:

SEO Igloo Blog Ethical Ideas for Local Window Dressing

I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned about how not to do this, and good inspiration for how it could be done well.

What do you think about the original plaque shown in Mike's article, and how about the idea of making a totally above-board plaque of your own for window dressing?

Thanks Miriam, great topic!

I remember reading it at Mikes and feeling somewhat torn about it. So am anxious to head over to your blog to see what you have to say this weekend when I get time.

Thanks for sharing!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom