More threads by Nick

Nick

Reaction score
I am helping out with a site for a carpenter and I am trying to get him into the internet side of promoting his business!

He isn't very computer literate so I need to find him a way to get reviews from his clients as easily as possible. He is a nice polite guy so I don't think that will be an issue.

Should I just get him to ask at the end of the job while he is there or should I get him to take email addresses so he can email them at a later date?

Another thing I though of its making him a landing page on his site he can bring up and then it will talk then
through it?

Re: the best way to get a review after a job?

Nick, there have been a lot of great ideas on generating reviews within this forum, so be sure to dig around and find all the helpful tips.

One of the easiest ways I've found to be helpful is to create a landing page (something like site.com/review) and then add links right to the review page of the local directories.

He could add a little blurb on his business card like "We value your feedback. Please let us know how we are doing and visit site.com/review" so all he has to do is hand out his business card or tell people to look on the back of his card to leave the review. If he gives his customers invoices or receipts, he could add the blurb there too.

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much.

I think I will create him a landing page with Google / yelp etc with instructions on how to leave a review and put a link on a flyer.

I have put testimonials on the site too so if people leave one in there I'll put a bit about Google reviews too!

It is easy for people with online businesses but when the client may not be very good with computers and neither is the tradesman it makes it quite hard!

Be careful about posting the same review on your Google Places/Plus page and another review site or your website.

In the past there have been duplicate content issues with that.

Be careful about posting the same review on your Google Places/Plus page and another review site or your website.

In the past there have been duplicate content issues with that.

Good tip Jo. What we'll sometimes do if reviews are sparse is add reviews onto the site as images to avoid the duplicate content issues.

@Nick

Is there a specific site Mr. Carpenter would like reviews on? The best strategy is to try to get them not only on Google Plus, but also on third-party sites (e.g. Yelp, CitySearch, Yahoo, maybe some industry-specific sites).

The tool that Darren and I created can help with Google - although we're in the process of working some bugs out, so bear with us :)

Ideally Google as that will be most common ly.where the clients have accounts.but will try and spread them out :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom