More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Here's a weird Google maps problem I've never seen before.

We've all seen ONE Boxes where Google only shows on listing one page one instead of a 7 pack.

I was just researching a 'different' unrelated problem for someone at the Google forum and found this.

Google shows ONLY ONE Dentist in all of Salt Lake. WEIRD!

Google Map Search for Dentist Salt Lake City, UT
(Click image to view full size)

Here's the direct link: Dentist Salt Lake City, UT - Google Maps They aren't even close to city center and even if I zoom in or out I can only see this one Dentist. They have a one box too. Lucky them! :p

Kudos to whoever is managing that client! You've somehow figured out how to beat Google Local! Ha!:D

True BCLocal!

Plus forgot to mention, it's a Geo Stuffed title in violation.

G+ L title is: Genesis Dental of Salt Lake City

But on the site (genesisdental.net) it appears name is really just Genesis Dental and that is one of their locations.

If you take out the "UT" it shows normal results. Genesis Dental definitely has the most mentions of "Utah" on their home page, wonder if that has any factor? Obviously they shouldn't be the only listing in the results, but it could be a reason as to why theirs is displaying for this glitch.

Ahhh good catch! I had plugged in a different search term that had UT in it already, helping a client in the G forum. Normally I would not search that way.

BUT after I saw that single listing was broken, I DID check to see if maybe search was broken for that city and plugged in different queries like "Plumber Salt Lake City, UT" just replacing the keyword, with UT still in there. And they all worked fine. Interesting though huh?

Here's a weird Google maps problem I've never seen before.

We've all seen ONE Boxes where Google only shows on listing one page one instead of a 7 pack.

I was just researching a 'different' unrelated problem for someone at the Google forum and found this.

Google shows ONLY ONE Dentist in all of Salt Lake. WEIRD!

Google Map Search for Dentist Salt Lake City, UT
(Click image to view full size)

Here's the direct link: Dentist Salt Lake City, UT - Google Maps They aren't even close to city center and even if I zoom in or out I can only see this one Dentist. They have a one box too. Lucky them! :p

Probably because it thinks Dentist Salt Lake City = Genesis Dental of Salt Lake City. I cleaned up their listing a little but nothing in the GMM feature looked horribly wrong. Their official name is "Genesis Dental of Salt Lake City, LLC" so that's probably helping them in the search. If you search for "Dentist in Salt Lake City, UT" you get a much different result. Their SEOing may be good/opportunistic, but they can't spell "Salt" in the HTML header for the Salt Lake City office nor can they properly format the hyperlink to their business in the footer of the main page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom