More threads by ServicePros

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

Quick question for those in the know:

I recently set up a new G+ Business listing via the old Places dashboard (as instructed in other threads found in the 101 section) that was used when I had a shared office. Updated the new address, set it to hidden, added some new photos, etc.

It appeared about two days later (there was no verification request, which is odd?) with an updated description, but the pictures are not appearing.

I've read that it can take several weeks for images to appear, is this still the case? Do YouTube clips still appear?

Also, the page only shows one business category. I had selected four. Will the other categories appear?

Thanks for all the help!

I've read that it can take several weeks for images to appear, is this still the case? Do YouTube clips still appear?

Also, the page only shows one business category. I had selected four. Will the other categories appear?

Photos can take up to a month or even more to show live. I think the old dashboard is even disabled to some degree in regards to photos. I have several cases where it's been up to two months and still no live photo. The video feature is disabled in the old dash. Videos are enabled once you upgrade to a Local G+ Page with the social features.

It's completely normal for the G+ Local page to only display one live category. It's all good, Google is still considering ALL of your categories in the dash even if they don't show live.

Thanks for the info, Colan.

How do you upgrade?

I went to the G+ for business page (or whatever it's called), logged in and it brought me to my current dashboard.

Photos can take up to a month or even more to show live. I think the old dashboard is even disabled to some degree in regards to photos. I have several cases where it's been up to two months and still no live photo. The video feature is disabled in the old dash. Videos are enabled once you upgrade to a Local G+ Page with the social features.

It's completely normal for the G+ Local page to only display one live category. It's all good, Google is still considering ALL of your categories in the dash even if they don't show live.

Service ares businesses with hidden address should not upgrade or merge until you get the new dashboard and it give you the option to upgrade right from the dashboard. That option is rolling out slowly. Most don't have it yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom