More threads by Larry

Larry

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Larry James, I am new to forum. I have been doing some local citation building for a client (a chiropractor located in Whitby, Ontario Canada).

I have the client ranking in the second spot for the local search term "whitby chiropractor" on Google However it does not appear in the local search results with a map marker and a letter.

The site that ranks first, and the clients site that rank second appear above the local search results.

Ranking second is all well and good, but I would like to have the site rank in the local results.

Can anyone tell me why the site ranks above the local search results, but not actually in them. I have included a screen shot to show you the results in case you cannot duplicate them.

Thank you. whitbychiro.jpg

whitbychiro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing that jumps out to me is that the category that is live on your G+ Local page is Massage Therapist.

What do you have listed for categories in the dashboard?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this Colan,

The categories are "Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Acupuncture Clinic, Sports Injury Therapist, Cosmetic Acupuncture"

I edited the categories so the Chiropractor appears first. "
Chiropractor, Acupuncture Clinic, Sports Injury Therapist, Cosmetic Acupuncture, Massage Therapist

Would this make a difference?

Hi Larry,

1st let me be sure I have the right listing. https://plus.google.com/113236533586377201921/about?gl=us&hl=en

I just did a ton of research and wrote a big long post on the wrong listing because I could not see the Adwords shading in that screenshot so was looking at the wrong listing. I need to start requiring a link in the 1st post. :eek:

This displays as if it's a new listing. New listings take 6 - 8 weeks before they work into the local database and start ranking for KW searches.

When was this listing PIN verified?

Also the name on the on their contact us page is different. It's United Pain Care Clinic. Did they recently rebrand?

Hi Linda, thank you for trying to help me with this.

Yes you have the correct listing (this time). I saw your original post this morning, but I did not have time to respond to it right away, sorry.

The Whitby Family Chiropractic is sharing the space with the United Pain Care Clinic.

I cannot find where in the contact info that it mentions United Pain Care Clinic. The client claimed the listing 2 months ago.

I have requested another pin so that I can claim the listing for them. This will give me the ability to edit the Google + listing for them. Is it ok for me to do this?

I do not see the contact us information you mentioned. I do not see a contact us page on the Google+ page. What am I missing here?

I cannot find where in the contact info that it mentions United Pain Care Clinic. The client claimed the listing 2 months ago.

You will see United Pain Clinic if you click on the map pin marker on the Location Map on the contact us page of the website.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Sorry, the Location map that is on every page of the site..

The client claimed the listing 2 months ago.

I have requested another pin so that I can claim the listing for them. This will give me the ability to edit the Google + listing for them. Is it ok for me to do this?

If the client claimed you should not reclaim unless there is no other option (as in they absolutely can't figure out the password to get back in.) It's a major violation to have the listing claimed in more than 1 account and there is no way to transfer a listing. In fact if you end up getting the new dashboard it won't even let you reclaim.

Plus it would start over in the ranking cycle again and take 6 or more weeks after you get the new pin before it ranks again.

Best thing is to get client's log-in and edit the existing account if at all possible.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom