More threads by Brian

Interesting Brian!

Normally only the A listing shows title tag.

Actually in that particular case what looks like a title tag is not the title tag at all.
That phrase is just an H2.

Thanks Linda. That seems to happen to us some times with other accounts that we work on. I am wondering if it is something we are doing wrong.

Thanks Linda. That seems to happen to us some times with other accounts that we work on. I am wondering if it is something we are doing wrong.

Which seems to happen???
Title tag showing or H2 text showing?

In either case I don't think it's anything you did.

Often A shows title tag. Then B and maybe C (varies based on query) Google is scraping the web site to TRY to find the name and replaces title tag with the business name.

But sometimes she gets it wrong. I've seen her replace title tag in local with bogus stuff like "Call Mary for an Appointment" because that phrase was in an H2 or somehow prominent.

But the lower listings 4 - 7 or so (again it varies) Google is pulling the name directly from the Place page NAP.

I found another one where the firm name is not showing up. It does not appear to be the title tag or the H2 tag. The words are "Ocean County Divorce Attorneys" which are on the Home Page but not in that specific order. Also, it does not always happen the same way. Sometimes the firm name is replace with "New Jersey divorce attorney, Lawyers Monmouth"

[h=3][/h]

Please check the B result when I search Monmouth County Divorce Attorneys

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom