More threads by AustinGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So I have been trying checked our website in getlisted.org and it told me we have a duplicate listing. I don't know how to tell if this is correct. Our website is Bridgette Hearne - State Farm Agent in Austin, TX and our ph # is 5124413704.

I have been doing searches using our phone numbers and url's to try to see if we do have a duplicate account and I can't tell. Could anyone help me???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AustinGuy and welcome!

I found a dupe by searching phone in Google maps which is the best way to start, but that does not uncover other dupes that may have a different #.

Here are only 2 I can find for Bridgette: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=(512...=0.001196,0.002216&filter=0&update=1&t=m&z=18

That location looks residential, but there is also a Psychologist listed there. Is that her home? If it's an office, there is no signage. Does she see clients there at that address?

If it's her home or she does not see clients at this location, you need to hide her address in the listing - it's a major violation to show it.

Hi Linda and THANKS!!!! for your response. the 3008 w. slaughter Ln is the old location...the office moved 10 months ago. I guess I need to get that one removed.

The office is commercial and there is a psychologist located in the building.

Hi Linda and THANKS!!!! for your response. the 3008 w. slaughter Ln is the old location...the office moved 10 months ago. I guess I need to get that one removed.

Simply select "edit details" on the old G+ Local page and select Place is permanently closed

Hang on, maybe I'm confused or missed something...

When you say "get THAT one removed" You make it sound like one is right and one is wrong. They are both at slaughter Ln.

Did you set up a new one at the new location? Because the only 2 I found were at the old location.

Simply select "edit details" on the old G+ Local page and select Place is permanently closed

But with the new instructions for moving you are not supposed to close the old listing, you are supposed to edit the existing page.

So it depends if there is already a NEW listing at the new address or not. But I'm not seeing one with a phone # search.

What is the new address? And is there a new G+ L listing already? If so please give us a direct link because it did not come up for me.

Also please click from your dashboard the link that says view my listing on maps and give us a link to the page that link goes to. Because it's possible you changed the address in the dashboard but Google changed the live address back to the old address.

These things can get very complicated and as we discussed in your PM and email thread a consult is in order to help sort out multiple issues.

Oops sorry was in a rush. Just saw same street and assumed they were the same address. Didn't even notice the street # was different.

So I get it now. Sorry that's what happens when I just jump in the forum quick in the middle of trying to help a bunch of other people. Don't have time to look closely.

So ya Colan is right. Close the old one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom