More threads by Nick

Nick

Reaction score
Hi,

So I have literally just verified my first listing and it has gone live and I can see it on the map. (here) - This looks really empty with none of the images I added to my local listing though?

How long does it usually take for the listing to start appearing in search engines for my term? It has plenty of citations and should appear but what is the average time?

When I search the business name (here) I can see the listing though, which is nice.

Thanks

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nick,

With the old Google Places Dashboard photos can take a month or so to go live.

Average time to start appearing in results for search terms can vary depending on competitiveness of the industry and the search term. Anywhere from never to several months.

Keep building citations, earning reviews, and keep up-to-date with the quality guidelines and you are on a good path. Onsite optimization is key as well. Make sure you are optimizing your site for the search terms you want to rank for....duh :p

Listing is now live BUT Google have adjusted the address

I have building citations but now the google listing is live it has changed the address from:

107 Vicarage Ln to 107 Vicarage Lane

It has also added a 2nd line to the address (one before the city)

Should I go through and change my citations which had Lane and didn't have the second line?

It also has the phone number with +44 24 rather than 024

Should I go through and change the citations / website to match Google?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much, so the pictures go through automatically from the maps listing?

Thanks very much, so the pictures go through automatically from the maps listing?

Not sure what you mean. The pictures will (eventually) be live on your G+ Local page as long as you have them uploaded to the Google Places Dashboard.

Yep, I have put them on the dashboard and they show up but they just don't appear on the G+ listing. I didn't know if I needed to do anything but you have just answered that.

I will sit, wait and hope they appear and in the meantime build some reviews.

Re: Listing is now live BUT Google have adjusted the address

Hi Nick, hard to help without seeing the listing and I know you put the listing in another thread but others would not necessarily know that and it's hard finding threads and going back and forth. Plus requests for help on a specific listing should be in the help thread.

So to help you better I'm combining your 2 posts and moving them down to help then will try to help you there.

Re: Listing is now live BUT Google have adjusted the address

I have building citations but now the google listing is live it has changed the address from:

107 Vicarage Ln to 107 Vicarage Lane

It has also added a 2nd line to the address (one before the city)

Should I go through and change my citations which had Lane and didn't have the second line?

It also has the phone number with +44 24 rather than 024

Should I go through and change the citations / website to match Google?

Nick added this to your other thread since we needed to see the link and to keep all your Qs together.

You said Google changed Ln to Lane: I don't understand. It's displaying Ln for me.

"It has also added a 2nd line to the address (one before the city)"

Can you be more specific. I don't know what this means. The address is all on one line. What part did Google add?

"It also has the phone number with +44 24 rather than 024"

I don't know how phone #s are formatted there. Is the number Google shows correct? Does that # get to you? Is it just a different way of formatting your #? Or is the # totally wrong now?

After you answer the above we can try to help you more.

Thanks, Linda

IMPORTANT - I meant to add this in above post.

Your location looks residential although I can't tell for sure which is yours because the marker is kinda in the middle of the street. Is your office in your home?

I see you did set up a service area. Did you also set it to hide your address? You must, it's against guidelines to have your address showing.

Although maybe you set it up correctly but if it's a brand new listing it can take a few days for the address to be hidden.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED TO ADD: Just found your other help thread about verification and saw this was only verified today.

Can you check to be sure you did the service area section correctly and it's set to hide your address? I can't really tell you how or where to look because there are 2 totally different dashboards right now. If you can show a screenshot of that area of your dashboard we can double check for you.

I hadn't set it to hide the address as I didn't know it needed to? All of the other carpenters in the area have them shown? I can set it to hidden.

I put the address as lane but Google changed it to ln but ask of the citations use lane so I didn't know whether to change it on the citations or not?

The bit about the second line was that it added ash green but again I haven't in citations, should I add them?

For somebody like a carpenter should I show the address or have a service area?

In terms of the number, in the UK when giving out the number we would say xxx xxxx xxxx , Google has add the country code so should I change everything to match Google+

I have just seen the option for serving customers at the business address so once unticked I assume that will hide the address?

It is just pending the change

I have just seen the option for serving customers at the business address so once unticked I assume that will hide the address?

It is just pending the change

Have no idea. Depends on which dashboard. Need to see screenshot of the settings you are looking at. I believe in the new dash there are a couple different settings that need to be right but again not sure which you have, can't remember off hand and need to see.

Sorry for the delay, this is the option I have turned off (the one about visiting the business address)

It has now hidden the actual address BUT if you look at the competitors they all have their full address showing? listing Does that not make my listing different from competitors?

Screenshot_08_07_2013_20_56.png

When searching for the company name, it used to merge the listing in with the map. It still does sometimes but not all the time? Just seems strange.

Final question, the actual G+ listing looks so bare, is this normal?

Screenshot_08_07_2013_20_56.png

It is still only showing for company name, still nowhere to be seen in keyword searches :(

Any tips would be amazing?

Thanks

I am now ranking above the local listings with an organic listing, Is this a good thing?

Still nothing in the local results, could anybody suggest things for me to check in case something is wrong with they listing?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom