More threads by carltonrsmith

Reaction score
Hello,
I am working with a brand-new client, a maid service in Atlanta.
They have two locations, but Google considers them a service area business.

Company opened out of my home in 2007 in Smyrna GA, 30082 (that is their home address). This is the location which contains all of the citations (and all of their other local directory submissions are linked to this addy.)

However, the company now has an office in downtown Atlanta (near Buckhead). Smyrna only has 100,000 population and Atlanta is well, much larger.

What is the best way to take this over with minimal interruption? Right now they have good Page 1 rankings for a lot of the terms they are targeting.

Here is a link to their Plus page (unclaimed) even.
https://plus.google.com/114220318661419487508/about?gl=us&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Carleton,

Here is a link to their Plus page (unclaimed) even.

That listing looks claimed to me. Why do you say it's unclaimed???

And needs to have address hidden or risk being deleted.

What is the new address?

Linda,
Thanks for your reply.
I thought it was unclaimed due to seeing the "manage this page" button on the Plus page.
Here is what I am seeing (attached) when logged into their Places Dashboard.

FireShot Screen Capture #372 - 'Google Places' - www_google_com_local_add_businessCenter_hl=en&u.jpg

Oh dear - it's a major violation to have 2 listings claimed like that.

Find the one that has the least info or see if if you can tell which one was created 1st then kick the other out of the dashboard.

Delete then delete from account. DO NOT SELECT delete from maps because they are merged and it could wipe them all out.

All G+ Local listings have "manage this page" button now so you can't tell if listings are claimed or not based on that. There are some other telltale signs like description and images that give you a clue. And if there is any doubt then click the link inside dash to view the listing on maps and be sure that live listing is the one that it resolves to.

They have other problems on this listing. Hopefully you'll catch when you check it out.

I'd get the address hidden right away and the violations cleaned up.

Not going to advise how to move yet because still waiting to find out the new address. Concerns about it.

The other address is:

Amazon Cleaning Services
165 W Wieuca Rd NE #311

Atlanta, GA, 30342
(404) 592-7365

I can't tell which of those was created first, but one of them has less information (photos and areas served), so have decided which is best to delete.

By problems, assuming you mean this info:
Parking available: Yes.
Brands carried: Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.

If I change the address to Atlanta, then hide (Do not show my business address on my Maps listing), this should help them since it's closer to downtown centroid radius, no?

Thanks so much for your help.

The other address is:

Amazon Cleaning Services
165 W Wieuca Rd NE #311

Atlanta, GA, 30342
(404) 592-7365

I can't tell which of those was created first, but one of them has less information (photos and areas served), so have decided which is best to delete.

By problems, assuming you mean this info:
Brands carried: Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba.

If I change the address to Atlanta, then hide (Do not show my business address on my Maps listing), this should help them since it's closer to downtown centroid radius, no?

Thanks so much for your help.

Centroid does not really matter with the current algo. I have clients ranking # 1 in huge spread out cities that are way out on the edge of town. One is so far south he gets 1/2 his patients from the next state. BUT being in the city does matter. They have no chance of ranking in Atlanta if address is in Smyrna.

"By problems, assuming you mean this info:
Brands carried: Sony, Panasonic and Toshiba."

Nope. That section does not show even show any more. And they didn't even enter that, that's just example text Google enters. But again that section is dead and does not even work.

Big problems:

1) Is Miami Maids in category in either listing? If so it's a MAJOR violation that can get them suspended. (There is a slight chance it's not in dash and got picked up by citations but I have a feeling it's in one or the other listing.)

2) The link on their G+L page goes to: amazoncleaning.net/contact-us.htm

2 problems with that:

A) The contact us page is not normally well optimized and the home page usually ranks higher/better/easier.

B) That page does not resolve. It ges a 404 error.

The algo is primarily about organic SEO factors important that link goes to a well optimized page - again usually home page.

Good catch on the URL pointing to the contact page.

"1) Is Miami Maids in category in either listing? If so it's a MAJOR violation that can get them suspended. (There is a slight chance it's not in dash and got picked up by citations but I have a feeling it's in one or the other listing.)"

I know you meant Atlanta. I attached here. Yes, fixing this ASAP.

Invaluable, thanks.

Google Places 2013-07-09 10-04-43.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom