More threads by Erin Adams

Reaction score
We're trying to rank nationally and locally. We have an (888) area code phone number and also a local number. Which number should we use as the primary number for listings?

Is it possible to use our (888) phone number as the primary and still rank locally?

Yes, it's still possible to rank well with a non-local number, provided that other locations / Google listings don't also use that phone number. Google won't pull your listing or anything. But I'd suggest using a number with a local area code if at all possible. Unless you're Bank of America, Google may weight the rankings in favor of businesses with local area codes.

It is advised as Phil said but I can tel you I have ranked many 800 number locally very easy and hit the number 1 spot. If you are ranking nationally as well as locally I would probably pick the 800 number so you have one number and not two floating around. That is just my 2 cents.:)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom