More threads by RubinHamilton

Reaction score
I have a service business that I run out of my house (i.e., I go to the clients). I would like to start another service business, one that's in a similar line but not close enough to subsume under the current. For the purposes of Google ranking, I know you're not supposed to run two businesses out of the same address unless they are pretty closely related, but I simply don't have another address available that I can rely on. I'm considering putting a site for the new one with no indication of a physical address, but I wonder if not having one will hurt me.

For the purposes of Google ranking, I know you're not supposed to run two businesses out of the same address unless they are pretty closely related

Hi Rubin,

That's incorrect. Closely related is even worse - not better. But service area businesses usually cannot have 2 listings especially with home address and same owner.

As far as ranking without address - do you mean if your address is hidden on the Place page? That's not a problem for ranking. Lots of hidden address listings rank #1.

Hi Linda, thanks for replying.

When I say a business with no address, I mean a site that does not indicate the location of my business except for city and state. Naturally the business will be run out of my house, but I will not indicate that. The question is will I still be able to rank without one.

I'm not talking about a places page, because if I create a Places page with my new business at the same address, hiding it won't do any good because Google will still know.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom