More threads by geoff

geoff

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out why this listing isn't showing up yet. I spent many hours trying to fix it to no avail.
I appreciate any help with this and value your time.

Here's the data:

LINK to G+ Local OR if it's missing, link to web site:
https://plus.google.com/112008188620593669158/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Name, address, phone (as listed in dashboard):
1196 Neil Ave, Suite 10
Columbus, OH 43201
(614) 372-6598

Massage in Columbus Ohio

Verification date:
several months ago (aprox 90+ days) but can't find the exact date.

Problem: Not showing up in searches or maps.

Related History:
This client rents space from another massage therapist at the same location.
I added a Suite #10 to the address to distinguish her from the Massage Studio.

Screenshot(s) if helpful:
dashboard:

IF RANKING PROBLEM: What City + Keyword?
massage therapist Columbus, Ohio
massage Columbus, Ohio

Lighten Up Therapies dashboard.jpg

Re: Google listing not showing after a lot of work & time.

Hi Geoff,

I'm seeing at least four other G+ Local pages for massage services at that address.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=1196+....0125&sspn=0.008927,0.021136&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

What exactly is the relationship with all of those listings? Does the owner rent out this space to all these massage therapists?

---------- Post Merged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Your G+ Local page doesn't look like it has worked it's way fully into the index yet. You have no "similar places" at the bottom of your page, and if you go to Map Maker you will see that there is no history generated yet.

Hi Colan,

My understanding is that they all rent from Inner Connections. That is why I added Suite #10 to differentiate my clients from the others.

Thanks,
Geoff

Is there something I can do to fix this?

I believe the problem is in your website as well, you got no address there is only phone contact which is not good for local website, remember you got blended search so you need stronger website in order to rank better. TRy to remove website from the listing and see if there is any improvement in ranking.

Hi Colan,

My understanding is that they all rent from Inner Connections. That is why I added Suite #10 to differentiate my clients from the others.

Is that the actual suite#? Is that suite# staffed with employees that can greet customers in person during the stated hours?

If it's not the actual suite# you shouldn't be using it. It will mess up your citations and it's against Google's guidelines to use a fake address.

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I believe the problem is in your website as well, you got no address there is only phone contact which is not good for local website, remember you got blended search so you need stronger website in order to rank better. TRy to remove website from the listing and see if there is any improvement in ranking.

I see what you are saying in the spirit of doing an experiment to nail down the issue. However, a better solution would be to optimize the website with the things you mentioned plus whatever else can be optimized better for local.

The more I look at this, the more it looks like this is actually one business that has multiple websites and G+ Local pages for all the different services that are offered.

Yes I agree with Colan. This type of rental situation is not handled well by Google and technically I think if a Googler looked at this they would say only the primary business, the one that owns the location and rents to everyone would be allowed a listing.

It's kinda like Beautimous Hair Salon. Yes most of the stylists are independent and rent space in the salon, but the sign says Beautimous, people think of it as Beautimous and to Google it's one business.

When I search your keyword WITH your address like this you should come up. But only 2 of the 4 do. I think Google is basically just ignoring the rest.

As Colan alluded to, people try all kinds of things to game the system including setting up fake names and sites. To the algo this could look like Inner Connections is just setting up a bunch of names, sites and phone #s to try to get more than one listing for themselves.

You can market yourself in organic via your site, but I don't think your listing is viable.

You can try leaving it up - I don't think it's technically a violation, I just don't think it will rank. And likely will hurt ranking for the Inner Connections. So if like a hair salon, they take calls and then give some appointments to you, that could hurt call volume for all. But if you want to leave it up, you'd at least have a place to send folks for reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom