More threads by sodomojo

Reaction score
I've been working with a client on an SEO campaign for a few months now.

They are a carpet cleaning business in a pretty competitive market. They are seeing good growth and are really noticing that business is picking up.

Since day 1 I've told them I need access to their GA account. Well 3 months later I still don't have it and it looks like they don't know what account it is under.

I've had this problem before but was unsuccessful in obtaining access to the account after speaking with Google and we had to start from scratch with the analytics account.

It's pretty important that I get the historical information, hence my hesitation to start over. But every day I don't have that access, makes me think I just need to move forward with putting a new GA ID on there.

Any ideas?

I know it may be obvious but have you tried doing a password reset or tried recovering the login information via the secondary email address for Analytics?

Any chance there were previous reports created by the client or their previous SEO provider? Outside of recovering the login information or accessing it from another user account, I don't think you can grab that data.

It's probably in your best interest to start over sooner rather then later. You can also try webmaster tools to see if there is some data there you can utilize.

Best of luck.

So the issue is the client won't give you the information or they forgot their login?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom