More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Andrew Shotland just shared some observations about the new Google Maps over at Search Engine Land.

7 Things I?ve Figured Out About The New Google Maps

Google has been busy changing a lot of the user interfaces for its local search services. Between the new Google Maps, the Google Local Carousel and the new Reviews Pop-Ups, they have certainly thrown the local search world into a tizzy.

I have been playing around with the new Google Maps, and I thought I?d share some random observations about how to work inside the Matrix:

Good write-up. As Andrew mentioned, an all-caps name is a violation. Listings that have had all-caps names for a while may be grandfathered in, but my guess is that Google won't let you change your listing in this way now.

I have a client whose business name is one word and all lower-case letters except for the middle letter, which is upper-case. It actually is important for his branding, and makes a lot of sense in-context. Google capitalized only the first letter anyway, which is precisely what he didn't want.

Google is very vanilla about caps.

I liked “MapLap”?. :p

I posted in detail about that problem awhile back but didn't think to coin a new phrase about it.
MapLap is perfect.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom