More threads by Positiveim

I came across a similar example. This example was in the new dashboard. There was one verified listing (that we wanted to keep) and a second listing that's an unverified G+ Business page. We performed the same removal procedure as outlined above and were taken to the same messaging:

remove a listing message.png

Here's the dashboard:

remove a listing message 2.jpg

remove a listing message.png

remove a listing message 2.jpg

Thanks for adding yours too Colan, so Google can see it's not just an isolated quirk.

Just reported this to Google.

FAVOR? Last I knew you could not transfer a Place page right? That's what Google has always said.
Could one of you click that link and post it here so I can see what that page says?

I assumed that was it. Seems like a weird crossover with G+.

WERE BOTH THESE PAGES UPGRADED TO G+ BUSINESS PAGES - or NO?

But still the financial part does not make sense. Especially about earnings paid out.

Maybe there is new secret update and they are going to start paying folks to create a listing?
Or put Adsense on the pages and share the wealth. ;) (Big wink!)

Google wants to look at these in more detail. If you guys would not mind PMing me the link to the listing and/or the associated email for the account, I'll pass it on and you'll get a personal look at the issue by a Googler.

Thank you both for the PMs. I forwarded to Google.

And they both are verified G+ Business pages. Forgot I had looked at Nick's before and it is. Plus just looked at Colan's and it is as well.

So I think some of the messaging is crossover G+ messaging, due to the fact that a G+ account could be attached to Adsense or YouTube earnings.

But still just deleting an unclaimed local page should not delete the entire Google account or warn you that it could, so Google will look into what's going on.

Hi Linda,

Did you ever get a reply or solution from Google about this thread?

Have you found a way to delete a Google places for business listing, without deleting the Google+ business page?

I have a very similar problem...

The company I work for sell fishing tackle, and they have 3 separate G+ profiles and places listings. One each for fly fishing, coarse fishing & sea fishing, as the different types of fishing folk don't mix well :)

We had hoped to verify each of the places listings, but alas Google will only let us have one verified listing. The two remaining unverified listings are now deemed duplicates and in breach of Google's guidelines. So we have been asked by Google to remove them.

We would happily remove the duplicate listings, but if we do it will also delete the separate G+ pages with lots of active and separate followers and posts.

I'm happy to provide screen grabs and links to profiles if it would help.

Here's hoping you've had more luck than me.

All the best

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom