More threads by khidma

ok - so i committed the BIG mistake a while back when i was just getting started and i even knew better :) did the virtual office/po box at the UPS store...thought i could "trick" google - lol - so what is the best way to correct this? Leave as is - i am ranking well - OR go ahead and change to my home address and hide and follow guidelines as stated in this thread?
You should probably delete from your dash and report the feature as perminantly closed with your home address (persumably your physical address) as the new address. Then claim the new listing. You really don't want to get caught with UPS address as your 'physical' address and shouldn't simply change the address as that will attract attention.

Agree. You don't even want that UPS address in your MM history.

In fact I'd be safe and start a new account too.

Plus remember even if this was a normal move across town you have to close and open new when the address changes. So best to start over.

May be a good idea if you don't have any yet tho to do a few quick solid citations at the home address before starting the new listing.

And be sure to hide address.

Hey guys,

I was going to start another thread for this, but it really goes along with what you've been discussing in this thread. I have a client... well potential client depending on the outcome of this talk... but they're in a business incubator. Basically what this is a bunch of businesses in one office building (same suite number I believe - not 100% sure). The company essentially running the office building helps them with tax stuff, supplies office equipment, etc. It kind of seems like a regis suite type thing - but the businesses are there 9-5 or whatever the actual office hours are.

Do you think this location will be poisoned? Will this business get taken down even though they're legit and are staffed during normal office hours? I kind of feel like this business is in a little bit of a gray area, so I wanted some other opinions on it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric I think a situation like that is a lot more safe and it's a viable business model. Although not having separate suites could be a problem from a data view point (ie potential merges) I don't think they are as subject to take down as virtual offices which may be filled with questionable businesses that are not really there and so those locations would be under more scrutiny by Google.

Thanks for confirming that Linda. Although I am worried about merging issues, and I have brought that up with the client, I'm more concerned about doing all this work for them only to have a MM user take them down. I have ideas on how to prevent the merging problems, so that's not a deal breaker for me. I've never worked with a client in a business incubator before, so this was kind of new territory for me.

Thanks for your help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom