More threads by Weve Got Your Customers

Reaction score
Not anyone's specifically, but for fun, what would you expect to pay if you were a local B&M or Service based company and called 3 online experts (companies and/or individuals) for each of the following 20 items (hopefully you have unlimited minutes making 60 calls :D) and they quoted you right on the spot?

(Pretend that each one is completely separate from the others)

Only spend a few seconds on each and write down what 1st comes to mind. (Thought it would be cool to see how much some answers vary or are similar across different niches, locations, etc)

Anything anyone can think of that would be a good addition to the list?

Answer first before letting others answers influence your own ;)

1. 5 page WordPress site
2. 10 page WordPress site
3. Places Pages Claimed and Filled out for G/Y/B
4. Video Shoot - 10 Videos
5. Video Shoot - 20 Videos
6. Optimization and submission of 10 Videos
7. Optimization and submission of 20 Videos
8. Google PPC Campaign Monthly Maintenance
9. Facebook PPC Campaign Monthly Maintenance
10. Social Media Strategy
11. Newsletter for their customers Provided (Weekly)
12. Newsletter for their customers Provided (Bi-Weekly)
13. Social Media Marketing (1 Post per Day for each FB/Tw/LI)
14. Social Media Marketing (3 Posts per Day for each FB/Tw/LI)
15. Initial KW Research for website (5-10 pages) based on local Geo terms
16. Content Writing 1 per week - 300 words
17. Content Writing 2 per week - 300 words
18. Straighten out NAP - assuming around 100 listings total online
19. Aweber or similar setup for them to start building list
20. Manual Citation Building - 3-5 per month

Edited by Linda to add:

21. On-site SEO
22. Review Strategy
23. Mobile Site

Thanks for posting a Local Search Consultant's game Scott. Love this.
Hope we get some folks to weigh in!

Should on-site SEO be in there? Let me know and I can edit to add it.

Good idea Linda - On Site SEO is probably something a lot of Biz Owners are getting emails and phone calls for and might call around about.

Maybe add Review Strategy too?

What about Mobile Websites? Even though Responsive is the way to go for most, there are still many companies trying to push Mobile Sites to complement existing websites.

BTW - I thought about posting here for the Consultants 1st to get other expert opinions. Would it be a good idea to post on the Local Search Forum as well? That might be interesting to see how the results are different.

If so, let me know if you'd like me to post over there or if you'd like to. Thanks Linda!

Thanks Scott, added those to your post.

I don't really see a reason to post it again. Pretty much everyone reads both sections and I don't think business owners would hold back an opinion just cuz in this forum. Plus I don't like duplicate posts because then the convo gets split up and confusing for folks.

I could move this to local search if you like. It may get more play there and more folks might see it.

Good point about biz owners seeing on Local Search too - Let's move it over there to see if it gets more play.

BTW - Enjoying the webinars you and Myles are putting on! Well done so far!!

Glad you like the webinars Scott. Moved this post and hope to get some replies today.
Bumping back up to the top.

What?! Noone likes Games?! :D

I'll start it off and you guys let me know which ones you agree with and which ones you think are out of range.

Again, these are guesstimates (written in green below) that a local business owner might give if asked based on the hundreds of "salespeople" that call, email, break down behind their car in the parking lot, etc...

Not anyone's specifically, but for fun, what would you expect to pay if you were a local B&M or Service based company and called 3 online experts (companies and/or individuals) for each of the following 20 items (hopefully you have unlimited minutes making 60 calls :D) and they quoted you right on the spot?

(Pretend that each one is completely separate from the others)

Only spend a few seconds on each and write down what 1st comes to mind. (Thought it would be cool to see how much some answers vary or are similar across different niches, locations, etc)

Anything anyone can think of that would be a good addition to the list?

Answer first before letting others answers influence your own ;)

1. 5 page WordPress site ($299 - $2K) Depends on if just the design or if KW Research, SEO metrics added. Some might also guess $9.99/month based on 1&1 or Godaddy.
2. 10 page WordPress site Most business owners probably would not know enough to differentiate between 5 and 10 page sites unless presented next to each other. Probably 50% higher than quoted price for 5 page sites.
3. Places Pages Claimed and Filled out for G/Y/B I think business owners might expect $200-$500 for this. Depends on if they know the difference in claiming vs choosing proper categories and uploading optimized pics, vids, researched description, offers, etc...
4. Video Shoot - 10 Videos Prob, biz owners think of professional photographers here and around $80 - $100 video? Or may can get a half day shoot for less.
5. Video Shoot - 20 Videos Again, probably about 50% higher due to twice as much.
6. Optimization and submission of 10 Videos Most won't have a clue about this. Depends on how many sites (just YouTube or other key vid sites) They might think about half as much as the videographer charges or maybe they think it should be included?
7. Optimization and submission of 20 Videos Range 50% higher than Zero :) up to 50% higher than what was mentioned for 10 Videos.
8. Google PPC Campaign Monthly Maintenance $200/month+ or 20% of Spend
9. Facebook PPC Campaign Monthly Maintenance Not sure they'd know the difference of what it takes to monitor so I'd say the same as #8 above.
10. Social Media Strategy Fun One! Most think they can handle it :rolleyes: This can be all over the place depending on how many services are provided and how many times per day/week posts are made. This is tough because it can be valuable, but I don't think most see it as something they want to pay for. It's also something that can consume large amounts of time to do correctly.
11. Newsletter for their customers Provided (Weekly) $99 month?
12. Newsletter for their customers Provided (Bi-Weekly) $199/ month?
13. Social Media Marketing (1 Post per Day for each FB/Tw/LI) Covered in #10
14. Social Media Marketing (3 Posts per Day for each FB/Tw/LI) Covered in #10
15. Initial KW Research for website (5-10 pages) based on local Geo terms VERY IMPORTANT! But most biz owners don't see much value until it's explained. They think after X amt of years, they KNOW what their customers are searching for;) but 95% of the time, they are not targeting what they should be! Price - Should be a lot higher, but I think most think this should be included.
16. Content Writing 1 per week - 300 words $150 /month?
17. Content Writing 2 per week - 300 words $250 / month?
18. Straighten out NAP - assuming around 100 listings total online Most don't know what NAP is, but once explained, they could value anywhere from a couple hundred to around $1K?
19. Aweber or similar setup for them to start building list Again most prob don't know that The Money is In The List! so maybe $100 setup and $25 monthly maintenance?
20. Manual Citation Building - 3-5 per month Not sure many approach biz owners for this specifically, so they probably place low value based on them thinking they can do in their spare time (which they'll never get around to doing)

Edited by Linda to add:

21. On-site SEO Value here I believe would be higher. Most have heard of SEO by now, even though they prob cannot tell you what it stands for. They know it's important and valuable, but they have NO idea how to price it. Depends on size of site, etc...
22. Review Strategy Back as a player again, especially if they are in an industry that constantly shows Stars. Tough to get buy in. Some place very low value and wouldn't do it if you gave them the strategy for free. OTOH some do GET IT and would likely pay a few hundred per month. Could Depend on whether they see it as Rep Mngt help or not.
23. Mobile Site
With Responsive Themes available, most local bizs should not need, but still plenty of companies pushing mobile sites b/c they can and SMB owners don't know better. I've seen from $299-$1500

Another add in could be App Development - Again most businesses do not need, but they've heard of it and place value on it. Prices could be all over the place.

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree with each?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom