More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
You can't leave a URL in a review on Google Places but apparently other websites aren't as strict. I can't believe someone would resort to this type of blackhat tactic but I guess anything goes these days.

Check out this "nice" review one of my clients got.

Coach Review.png

Sources:
Rob Cutting State Farm InsuranceReviews - YellowBot

Rob Cutting State Farm Insurance in Wilmington, NC 28403 - (910) 798-2460

---------- Post Merged at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:29 PM ----------

She posted this review on over 1500 different businesses. Nuts!!!

http://directory.newsday.com/user/fccca922-d5df-4f6f-9f5a-9cb31e14064b/jayen04.aspx

Coach Review.png

Oh man, talk about spammy!

What do you want to bet the spammer's IP is from a 3rd world company?

What do you want to bet she/he has an ad somewhere like fivrr offering tons of high quality backlinks for cheap?

Just awful. Thanks for the heads up! I still hold out hope that the epic battle between legit UGC and spam will be a fight to the death--of spam. But lo, some days I think the battle may just rage on like this forever :(

Looks like XRumer has made a foray into review sites. That is just fugly.

Thought for a second that 3rd world company was a mistype.

But I like it! I may start using that to refer to some shady companies right here in Florida :D

Oh man, talk about spammy!

What do you want to bet the spammer's IP is from a 3rd world company?

What do you want to bet she/he has an ad somewhere like fivrr offering tons of high quality backlinks for cheap?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom