More threads by Weve Got Your Customers

Reaction score
Just received a service based industry client whose listing was just brought back from the dead about a month ago.

Beginning of the year while working with another company, he ignored the emails G sent to Hide his address so POOF gone one day (BTW - that may be the 1st time I've ever written out that word :Dfelt kinda strange)

So, got listing back for him and today he gets a call that goes like this:

G: Hello, I'm a dude from Google Maps. Can I speak with the business owner.

Client: Speaking.

G: Do you meet with clients at your location?

C: Sometimes clients come by to look at pics, pick up parts, etc, but mostly at their locations.

G: Thanks. That's all I needed. Take Care.

C: Good Bye

I've not had this happen with a service company who had their address hidden. Just checking to see if they are calling EVERYONE even if they can see that the address is hidden (on both Local and Maps) or if this is odd?

What's strange too is that I was on the other line with Places figuring out why Vids weren't uploading to his G+ Dash. Coincidence?

I'll hang up and listen.

Videos? Google+ dash? So he'd merged even though address was hidden???

And it was properly set to be hidden in both dashboards?

Does address show if you search for phone in MM? SABs with address hidden, should not even show up on MM now but if by chance this listing does, then that could be the problem.

Responses below in Green

Videos? Google+ dash? So he'd merged even though address was hidden??? Was strange. I wasn't able to upload videos individually, but when we linked the YouTube acct, the tab changed from Videos to YouTube and all his YT videos populated. Rep even stated it was the 1st time he'd experienced that.

And it was properly set to be hidden in both dashboards? Correct

Does address show if you search for phone in MM? No SABs with address hidden, should not even show up on MM now but if by chance this listing does, then that could be the problem. Showing up in Maps but not MapMaker

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom