More threads by grantbrott

Reaction score
So I just took over a client that came from a previous vendor. The client has 2 locations. They setup 2 locations in Google Places and also created pages and tied them together. One of the locations with both a page and places is not ranking but has almost 200 followers and almost a years worth of posts associated with it but the places listing associated is a pretty bare unfinished listing. We then have the current ranking places page that has a different business page associated with it with only 1 follower. I was thinking I could report the one page a duplicate that is unclaimed and only a bare basic listing but I am not sure what will happen with the associated business page that has all the followers and posts associated with it? I know I can delete the other page that is for the same location since it only has 1 follower. Would I then have a google places listing with no associated page and an un-linked business page. Which would be ideal since this client has multiple locations and none of the pages should of been associated to start with. Any input is welcome I just dont want to delete a page or report a listing if it is going to cause the loss of an associated page or something weird.

Completely confused reading through that :(

Do I have this right?
  • 2 business locations (Locn A, Locn B)
  • Each location has a GPlaces page AND G+ page
  • Locn A G+ does not show in the pack and has 200 followers & yr of posts but virtually no info on the page.
  • Locn A GPlaces page does show in the pack and takes you to a different G+ page, fully completed but not followers/posts.

So are you saying Locn A has 2 G+ pages and one GPlaces page? And that the GPlaces page ties to a G+ page you *don't* want to keep?

Which one is "unclaimed"?

Completely confused reading through that :(

Do I have this right?
  • 2 business locations (Locn A, Locn B)
  • Each location has a GPlaces page AND G+ page
  • Locn A G+ does not show in the pack and has 200 followers & yr of posts but virtually no info on the page.
  • Locn A GPlaces page does show in the pack and takes you to a different G+ page, fully completed but not followers/posts.

So are you saying Locn A has 2 G+ pages and one GPlaces page? And that the GPlaces page ties to a G+ page you *don't* want to keep?

Which one is "unclaimed"?

Thanks for trying wonderwoman. I read it earlier and was totally confused too, so I just could not even take time to venture a guess.

Grant, I moved this to the help section. G Local is EXTREMELY complicated there's too many variables and we would be working in the dark without seeing all the listings.

When we don't have all the info, volunteers who are donating their expertise, often end up wasting their time going around in circles, like wonderwoman just did, trying to understand the issue just based on a description.

Please read the rules for this section and see the info that's needed in order for us to help you further.

Thanks, Linda

Ok I think I have this nailed down to a simpler question. If I went and marked a location as a duplicate and it has a business page associated with it will that page become unassociated if they merge the duplicate with the original?

I'm not seeing G staff merge duplicates at the moment. I have seen them delete pages. Your experience may be different -

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom