More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
So this is kind of an interesting one for me. I've never worked with bands before, but they want to get listed on Google. They're a wedding band. Cool, no problem. I'm assuming I'd treat them the same as a DJ, right? Set a service area, hide the address, etc... etc...

Am I right about that? Let me know what you guys think.

So this is kind of an interesting one for me. I've never worked with bands before, but they want to get listed on Google. They're a wedding band. Cool, no problem. I'm assuming I'd treat them the same as a DJ, right? Set a service area, hide the address, etc... etc...

Am I right about that? Let me know what you guys think.
I wouldn't see why they would be any different from a DJ.

@EsR

I've never taken one on as a client, but I've had a couple musicians ask me for help, and I've had to turn them down. The issue was that very few search terms that described their offerings actually triggered the Google+Local search results. And in neither case was the musician gung-ho about working on his website enough to snag some organic rankings.

Phil is right. If they are serious about putting $ towards it, I'd recommend a) finding any terms that they like that trigger a map and b) run a very small ppc campaign on those terms to see how many impressions the terms trigger then c) do some math to back into how much traffic they could get from actually showing up for those terms.

This guy (Daren Turner) is both an ex- and current musician who creates search engine optimized websites for bands (and other industries/professions but he has never forgotten his roots in rock)... you might want to refer your clients to him for SEO friendly site design and related services first and then adapt the results to local search:

High Impact Flash Web Design and Ecommerce Solutions by WEB PAGE TURNER INC. - West Palm Beach Florida Web Designers

Yeah, but if they're Flash...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom