More threads by standenman

standenman

Banned
Reaction score
I am an attorney in Dallas. Pre-Pidgeon I had excellent placement, and the routine display of the 7-pack showed off my good reviews. Now, the Pidgeon poop has hit the fan, and I am down below the fold. The thing is no other lawyers are above me, but rather sites liked nolo.com, disabilitysecrets.com (I do disability work) and lawyers.com. The thing is these are all for pay listing services. What more several appear twice, one on top of the other. Why in the world do we need Google and its algorithms if they just show us listing services, and more than once to boot. Amazing.

When you say below the fold do you mean you are still ranking organically on page 1 but no longer in the Local pack? Or are you still in the Local pack?

Stan for me you are in the A spot at the very top. No directories above the pack.

"Dallas disability attorney" which I believe is one of your main key phrases.

Were you talking about different keywords or did the pack change?

Well, yes, Linda, I do find myself in a good position with a "Dallas" modifier. I find without "Dallas" there is where Pidgeon seems to have changed things. It is as if google no longer make local search assumptions unless you tell it you are looking local.

Organically #1 and in the A spot for the query "Dallas disability attorney" for me. With a last name like Denman, you deserve it :D

If you see/saw otherwise, you might have run into one of the data centers testing the SERP.

I do get the 7 pack if I put in a city modifier; so if I use "Dallas" in my search, I get the 7-pack. I still am in the 7 pack if it shows.

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Thanks - we gotta be related if not way back. Do you have trouble with people that read your last name mispronouncing it? Never been able to figure it out: been called "Demon", "Dedman" Demouse", "Derman", etc. seems a very easy name to me - 2 simple syllables.:)

Well, yes, Linda, I do find myself in a good position with a "Dallas" modifier. I find without "Dallas" there is where Pidgeon seems to have changed things. It is as if google no longer make local search assumptions unless you tell it you are looking local.

Well when you come here to vent you should tell us the exact phrase so we aren't barking up the wrong tree, ya know? ;)

For disability attorney without geo, for me there is no pack but you are #2 organic. The 1st attorney with only Findlaw above you.

I do get the 7 pack if I put in a city modifier; so if I use "Dallas" in my search, I get the 7-pack. I still am in the 7 pack if it shows.

---------- Post Merged at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Thanks - we gotta be related if not way back. Do you have trouble with people that read your last name mispronouncing it? Never been able to figure it out: been called "Demon", "Dedman" Demouse", "Derman", etc. seems a very easy name to me - 2 simple syllables.:)

Without the modifier (changing my location to Dallas) I see you as #2 organically, just below findlaw.com. Your homepage meta description is pretty short. You have up to 156 characters to use. I would consider adding some more text to make it more enticing for users to click on your result. Meta descriptions don't have any "direct" impact to rank, but having a high CTR is.;)

I'm sure we are somehow related. I have gotten all of those except for "Demouse."

Your right. Sorry.

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Thanks for the tip on the meta description. I'll fix that:)

---------- Post Merged at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Thanks Linda for your time. I apologize for not giving you enough info from the start.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom