More threads by Nick

Nick

Reaction score
I am still waiting on the card to verify the Google + listing I am doing for somebody and it is climbing the rankings nicely.

So I head towards link building, I just happen to own the biggest forum that is specific to the area he operates so he has a footer link on the homepage as well as links in my signature.

I have put some on other sites I own / have worked on that are related to the area but I am struggling to find the best way to get locally related links to his website.

I have done all of the citations I can for the minute so there are a few backlinks there, but how do you guys go about getting the best back links?

I have things like Scrapebox but haven't used them for a while. I have scraped competitor's backlinks and to be honest they don't really have any.

I don't deal with backlinks at all and in past on average moved clients up from #16 to #2 just doing really smart on-site SEO. If the competitors don't really have many backlinks either then on-site VERY LOCAL SEO is what I would focus on. Have you worked on that yet?

Also I'm sure you know but be VERY careful about your backlink anchor text.

I have done the usual things and when I build sites I do all of the tags etc.

The only thing I worry about is having it look too spammy when it comes to getting the on page spot on.

Do you use any tools to help you get the on page seo bang on?

The link is www.srhcarpentryandjoinery.co.uk and the main key word is carpenter coventry / coventry carpenter.

Any useful pointers would be amazing :)

In terms of anchor text, I haven't used the main key phrase in any of them, I have putb things like "reputable carpenter in coventry" and just the company name

Do you use any tools to help you get the on page seo bang on?

Well I have on on-site Local SEO course with an automated Local SEO template that uses about 7 different types of local hooks and bangs most of it out for you. But it's a 3 hour course to explain all my local SEO strategies and teach folks how to use the automated template. Too many tips to share here and some are secret sauce tips I don't post publicly because if everyone including the spammers started using them, their effectiveness would be watered down.

It's kinda like if you were one of the 1st to figure out H1 helped ranking way back when - you'd keep it secret and take advantage of the boost it gave your clients. But now everyone knows that trick so just adding H1s won't necessarily move the needle. :p It takes a well orchestrated combo of techniques to leapfrog the competition.

Well I have on on-site Local SEO course with an automated Local SEO template that uses about 7 different types of local hooks and bangs most of it out for you. But it's a 3 hour course to explain all my local SEO strategies and teach folks how to use the automated template. Too many tips to share here and some are secret sauce tips I don't post publicly because if everyone including the spammers started using them, their effectiveness would be watered down.

It's kinda like if you were one of the 1st to figure out H1 helped ranking way back when - you'd keep it secret and take advantage of the boost it gave your clients. But now everyone knows that trick so just adding H1s won't necessarily move the needle. :p It takes a well orchestrated combo of techniques to leapfrog the competition.

I understand and I am saving hard for that :) was just being cheeky ha!

Creating and utilizing local relationships, both online and offline.

First, figure out what people the business owner is connected to in the area. Interview your client and find out about his partners, friends, charities, other marketing he does (newspapers, magazines, tv, radio). All these places probably have websites. Get him to help you get in contact with these people and see what you can do.

Then, look for online possibilities. Local blogs, local reviewers etc.

That's a good starting point.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom