More threads by Cleaner44

Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. I have been searching and reading, but I need to ask because this is very important and time is a factor for me.

Situation:
  • franchise business
  • multiple locations in multple states
  • one common website
  • common business name
  • unique addresses
  • uniquie phone numbers

Given this situation, would it be best to use a separate webpage for each listing?

Choice:
  1. Use xyzcompany.com for the website in listing and citations
  2. Use individualcity.xyzcompany.com

Would the ideal choice be #2 and have the local address and phone on each #2 page?

Thanks!

Given this situation, would it be best to use a separate webpage for each listing?

Choice:
  1. Use xyzcompany.com for the website in listing and citations
  2. Use individualcity.xyzcompany.com

Would the ideal choice be #2 and have the local address and phone on each #2 page?

Yes would use individualcity.xyzcompany.com OR xyzcompany.com/individualcity.html

Check Roto-Rooter in various cities. Their listings usually rank pretty high.

Hi @Cleaner44

For each different URL, Linda has suggested before, you shall use an individual Local SEO strategy in order to reach high Local Rankings.

The OnSite an be similar but for good results the OffSite shall be customized for each different location.

Cleaner,

I would not recommend either. For multi-location businesses the best route is a subdomain level.

This below is a good start however, i have seen this lead to duplicate content issues in the past.
#2 individualcity.xyzcompany.com

I specialize in mulitlocation local search. Send me a quick note if you have any other questions.

All the best

Cleaner,

I would not recommend either. For multi-location businesses the best route is a subdomain level.

This below is a good start however, i have seen this lead to duplicate content issues in the past.
#2 individualcity.xyzcompany.com

I specialize in mulitlocation local search. Send me a quick note if you have any other questions.

All the best

I appreciate your feedback. Are you suggestting the ideal is:
xzycompany.com/individualcity

If not, what format do you recommend?

With multi location, what do you do for the homepage, say Title Tags? Optimize for their most important location?

I'm assuming linking out to each location from the homepage isn't a problem, or should you keep that off the homepage?

Depending on how many pages you have off the location page, you could run into duplicate content issues.

What i would recommend is:

local.xyzcompany.com/city-state

Let me know if you have anymore Q's

Run into duplicate content issues how if I have unique content on each city page?

Lets say you have 50, 500, or even 5000 locations, are you going to write individual unique content for each location...most people don't go that far. If all the content is unique it should not be a problem. It really depends on what scale your trying to achieve.

Got it. Ya, mine are under 10 locations, so that's why it wouldn't be an issue to have unique content.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom