More threads by Maginot

Reaction score
One of my clients has a board member that owns a Pop A Lock business that operates in 6 markets. He asked me to quote him a price to do the local search, but after reading all the stuff on here about locksmiths, I think I should DARE to say no.

I dont have the staff or the patience to deal with all those issues.

Price the desire to work with a locksmith into your quote (if you're not into playing whack-a-mole).

Probably the best thing you can do is look at their current set-up and link-profile. If it is a mess, might want to avoid it. #experience

As mentioned above along with their link profile do check their reputation as well to understand what you are getting into. We used to get a lot of requests from really spammy locksmiths to work on their web properties. One thing I have learnt in the consulting business is the ability to say No to a client.

PopALock has a good reputation.

They get lots of newspaper links due to their PR efforts. This includes getting kids out of unlocked cars.

One of my clients has a board member that owns a Pop A Lock business that operates in 6 markets. He asked me to quote him a price to do the local search, but after reading all the stuff on here about locksmiths, I think I should DARE to say no.

I dont have the staff or the patience to deal with all those issues.

Well he is the 2nd largest Pop A Lock franchisee in the US, behind a dude outta Louisiana. But if I dont know if I want google associating me and my businesses with a locksmith listing if there is any chance my accounts get frozen because of a hint of foul play.

Im extremely white hat. And I dont want google to freeze my access.

We actually work with Jim's 6 TX franchises on both local ranking and reputation. That came after 6 months of gaining credibility from working with a number of their other franchises. Great company as JacobMaslow said.

Being a Locksmith is legal in most jurisdictions.

This isn't like driving for Al - Quaeda.

Also, black hat SEO is not against the law and your assets can't be seized because of your link building methods. You are free to ignore any and all google policies and Google is free to exclude the specific site from its results.

Well he is the 2nd largest Pop A Lock franchisee in the US, behind a dude outta Louisiana. But if I dont know if I want google associating me and my businesses with a locksmith listing if there is any chance my accounts get frozen because of a hint of foul play.

Im extremely white hat. And I dont want google to freeze my access.

I also don't know that Google keeps a list of SEOs. I think we often have a tendency to give them (Google) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom