More threads by Kyrton

Kyrton

Reaction score
So I have hired on a person to help my with my local web presence.

What we have done is selected a few cities in which we want to rank on.

The idea is to weekly or biweekly add fresh content, 150-300 word mini posts for each city. The older posts get pushed down. All content is unique and contains our keywords.

Then we tapper it off to perhaps once a month post.

He is measuring the results and we have seen improvement on the SERP.

I've never heard of this tactic before and was wondering if you guys could validate it.

I'm not surprised that this is working but I would proceed with caution. I actually usually preach the opposite strategy. I just copied and pasted this from my Local SEO training:

Instead of asking a content writer to add 10 pieces of content about a specific topic to a website each month, it’s much better to have the strategy that has been adopted and preached about by some very smart people in the SEO industry. The concept is that it’s better to have a few great pieces that get tons of traffic than to have tons of mediocre stuff that gets less than 10 visitors a month. That type of content also generally has a really high bounce rate and don’t forget that Google has an algorithm that fights low-quality content (Panda).

https://ahrefs.com/blog/seo-strategy/
How to Get 260.7% More Organic Traffic In 14 Days (New Strategy + Case Study)

I use this strategy with my own clients. For example, I spent time redoing an article for a local business that got a decent amount of traffic and had their traffic go from 288 visits in 28 days to 1747 visits in 28 days.

I'm all about quality over quantity and I'm pretty sure Google is as well.

I'm not surprised that this is working but I would proceed with caution. I actually usually preach the opposite strategy. I just copied and pasted this from my Local SEO training:

Instead of asking a content writer to add 10 pieces of content about a specific topic to a website each month, it?s much better to have the strategy that has been adopted and preached about by some very smart people in the SEO industry. The concept is that it?s better to have a few great pieces that get tons of traffic than to have tons of mediocre stuff that gets less than 10 visitors a month. That type of content also generally has a really high bounce rate and don?t forget that Google has an algorithm that fights low-quality content (Panda).

https://ahrefs.com/blog/seo-strategy/
How to Get 260.7% More Organic Traffic In 14 Days (New Strategy + Case Study)

I use this strategy with my own clients. For example, I spent time redoing an article for a local business that got a decent amount of traffic and had their traffic go from 288 visits in 28 days to 1747 visits in 28 days.

I'm all about quality over quantity and I'm pretty sure Google is as well.

Joy, is that local traffic though? Were you able to write a local article that brought in local traffic?

Joshua,

Good question. About 1/3 of the traffic to that page currently is local. I also noticed though that the increase in popularity of some of his pages helped his entire site as a whole. We saw really awesome things happen with his rankings for the area his office is in, even keywords unrelated to the article.

I'm with Joy on the more robust content angle. The smaller content wouldn't be enough to answer a particular question or really help anyone in a substantial way. The only time I do smaller content chunks is if i'm posting on an external site (think web 2.0's) to give people a taste of the full article on the main site.

The main part of that strategy is more for ORM than anything else.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom