More threads by RushLocal

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I have been having a bit of a problem with older clients not being able to update the information on their Google Local profile, but they can still access and update the Google Page and Google Profile. We have 2 clients with this issue currently, and we were wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing?

One of our clients have information that is accurate, but was not populated by us at all.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Cheers!

I have been having a bit of a problem with older clients not being able to update the information on their Google Local profile, but they can still access and update the Google Page and Google Profile.

RushLocal, when you say "Google Local Profile" are you referring to their G+ Local page?

Sorry, Google+ has become a large focus for us, and I keep forgetting to be more descriptive, before too long it's going to be called the Google Local Plus Plus Places Page ;)

Yes, the G+ Local Page, thank you for clarifying

Cheers!

Sorry, Google+ has become a large focus for us, and I keep forgetting to be more descriptive, before too long it's going to be called the Google Local Plus Plus Places Page ;)

Yes, the G+ Local Page, thank you for clarifying

Sooo many names :confused: Thanks for clarifying :)

There could be a few different things going on. What are you trying to update? Description? Title? Categories?

I have been having a bit of a problem with older clients not being able to update the information on their Google Local profile, but they can still access and update the Google Page and Google Profile. We have 2 clients with this issue currently, and we were wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing?

Afraid for my pea brain we need to be even more specific.

I assume by Google Local Profile - you mean the Google+ Local page which is the one you create in the Places dashboard?

Then you say they CAN update Google page. Are the 2 pages merged? Because if so then you are not supposed to edit anything in the old Places dash any more.

So if that's the case and you've updated a merged Google+ page but there is still incorrect data, then to fix you need to use the troubleshooter.

If I'm off base on above assumptions then think you need to share a link and explain what you are trying to change or what is incorrect because it's just too confusing to talk generically.

I have a friend with the same problem as another client of mine, so I have asked to use her G+ information for this example:

G+ Local (Business Page)
https://plus.google.com/103277468091372571158/about

G+ Page (Business Page)
https://plus.google.com/112819568829269511760/about

G+ Profile (User Profile)
https://plus.google.com/106798531167287906077/about

The G+ Local page is not updating itself, yet, it is the most recent page created. (It showed up after she received her Google PIN number in the mail, and followed the instructions they gave her in the envelope)

This same situation is happening for two other clients of ours. I have claimed the G+ Local Pages for each of the clients, yet this page will not update, when you update the information. The information displayed on the page isn't even information that was submitted by us.

I see categories and description. Is the only thing missing images?

Because image uploads are currently taking 6 weeks - sometimes more.

When did she PIN verify?

the pin was submitted about 4 weeks ago. The photos part makes perfect sense (and thank you for that knowledge), I guess what is the confusing part is that none of the information populated on the G+ Local Page was inputed by anyone we know. This has been consistent for our clients having this problem as well. The page is being populated by something else (maybe it's reading off of another page?) and it won't update with new information.

We have some clients whose pins were submitted 3 months ago, and the same problem persists.

Thank you for all your help up to this point, everyone! You're awesome!

the pin was submitted about 4 weeks ago. The photos part makes perfect sense (and thank you for that knowledge), I guess what is the confusing part is that none of the information populated on the G+ Local Page was inputed by anyone we know. This has been consistent for our clients having this problem as well. The page is being populated by something else (maybe it's reading off of another page?) and it won't update with new information.

We have some clients whose pins were submitted 3 months ago, and the same problem persists.

Thank you for all your help up to this point, everyone! You're awesome!

It sounds like the listing has been claimed in another account somewhere and that is feeding the info, especially if we are talking about the business description. Have you tried reporting the incorrect info with the Troubleshooter as Linda suggested? Google will usually let you know if the listing is claimed in multiple accounts in their response.

Thanks to both of you! I will try that, and let you know how it goes.

All the best!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom