More threads by adammaxum

Reaction score
Came across this today for a client I'm working on fixing his listings. It's a service business, with multiple locations that don't exist and address is showing for all of them, and yadda yadda. Luckily, all the listings are in one account, but I've encountered the (attached image) situation. His "primary" listing, the one I want to keep and that has been ranking, appears twice in the same account.

Any ideas why or if they are different in some way, how can I tell? Everything within the details are matching identical, along with the stats.

additional details

name - Creative Edge Landscape & Lawn Care LLC

Lakeland Landscaping - Lawn Care - Creative Edge Landscape & Lawn Care LLC (in process of updates/removal of other addresses in footer)

Thanks.

2listing.jpg

2listing.jpg

Any ideas why or if they are different in some way, how can I tell? Everything within the details are matching identical, along with the stats.

Screen shot 2014-01-14 at 7.26.51 AM.jpg

Hey Adam,

Obviously there are a TON of violations going on here. But to answer your question...those listings have merged, which is evident because of the identical impressions/actions. Just strip one of them and remove from the dashboard...do not suspend it.

just to be sure, when you say strip one of them should I...

go into one of them and remove all the details, etc + save , and then select the top option of "removing the listing from my google places account"?

You got it.

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Just make sure that you remove it immediately after making the edit. Edits send signals to Google which can draw attention to the account and it's a violation to have dual claimed listings for the same business. Not to mention the other listings in the account that are in violation if they are as you say "locations that don't exist and address is showing for all of them"

SO I would move fast once you start to avoid attracting attention and possibly having the whole account suspended.

Okay thanks will do. Appreciate the help.

Yeah, the other listings he had weren't ranking or showing anyway so they served no purpose and were spammed out from previous company.

One little question - his current listing has 2 numbers showing. He uses both, and they are both local. How important is it that I have him cut one out?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom