More threads by dboi941

Reaction score
I posted on google help forms about this problem and the person helping me is not wrighting back no more, I was thinking this is the next best place for help.

To save a long story you can read the post here: Google Groups

What we are trying to get done is move the location back to the original location
and than mark it close in map maker. This is because when I setup the google+ local page for this company it made a new places page and now its glitched. So we think the best is to close the old one with the bad address change and claim the new listing.

Map maker edit is here: Google Map Maker
We need to get the address changed approved and than mark the locaion closed
and approved.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there, looks like Gregg AKA Flash is helping you over at the Google forum and he's one of the best there is at MapMaker help. He's also a member here.

Problem is since Google support is limited you are having to try to get help from volunteers and many like Gregg have full time jobs and just help when they can. He said he needs to get help from another volunteer and they are likely strapped for time too.

Google support can take a couple weeks. So for you to have to wait 3 days for help from volunteers is not unreasonable. But I'm sure it's frustrating.

I'll poke Gregg and ask him to revisit the original thread when he has time to give you an update.

Hi there, looks like Gregg AKA Flash is helping you over at the Google forum and he's one of the best there is at MapMaker help. He's also a member here.

Problem is since Google support is limited you are having to try to get help from volunteers and many like Gregg have full time jobs and just help when they can. He said he needs to get help from another volunteer and they are likely strapped for time too.

Google support can take a couple weeks. So for you to have to wait 3 days for help from volunteers is not unreasonable. But I'm sure it's frustrating.

I'll poke Gregg and ask him to revisit the original thread when he has time to give you an update.

Thanks Linda I didnt think about time and being people do have other jobs. I just thought I was forgoten about.

That's a possibility. We are all just running around (for free, in our free time) helping as many people as we can and it's hard to keep up with it all. OVERWHELMING in fact! So many problems, so little time!

But I did email him, so he'll be in touch, here or there.

I got Linda's message when I got home and pinged an approver local to you (Andrew, also a member of both forums) for a second time as I know he's been really busy this weekend. I then had to do other stuff until now too; and finally can reply. I see you already saw that Andrew approved and you did the next step.

Andrew brought up some valid concerns about how a bot we've been having trouble with would treat this edit; but it looks like we survived OK.

I got Linda's message when I got home and pinged an approver local to you (Andrew, also a member of both forums) for a second time as I know he's been really busy this weekend. I then had to do other stuff until now too; and finally can reply. I see you already saw that Andrew approved and you did the next step.

Andrew brought up some valid concerns about how a bot we've been having trouble with would treat this edit; but it looks like we survived OK.

Yes Im very greatful for everyones help on this. I do mean that! Also I seen the bot got a little edit happy after he approved the edit. yes I marked it as closed too.

Question on this, Should I keep that listing in my dashboard?
It is suspended in my dash, I just didnt know if I should keep in dash or remove it.

Now with the new place listing that got made when I setup Google+ page I did claim that listing and im now wait on the pin card in the mail, whean i verify that listing Will they merge that place listing with my + page?
Thanks

Just a friendly reminder the closed edit is still waiting to be approved. Thanks Flash

Just a friendly reminder the closed edit is still waiting to be approved. Thanks Flash
I forgot about it. The closure has been approved and published. You want to double check any data that may have been changed by the Bot.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom