More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
One of our regular members, Ashwin Ramesh from Synup, just let me know about a cool new free tool he just developed.

I love the simplicity...

Local SEO Checklist

Some of the to-do items link to more info on that topic.
When completed, just add a check mark and move on.

Nice one Ashwin! Thanks for sharing!

Great list! A couple of things to add, though:

1. Google Plus profile - is the business verified? Is the Profile merged with Google Plus Page?

2. On the website - add Publisher tag. That would make your website address verified on your Google Plus profile (you will see a check mark next to the URL)

Great list! A couple of things to add, though:

1. Google Plus profile - is the business verified? Is the Profile merged with Google Plus Page?

2. On the website - add Publisher tag. That would make your website address verified on your Google Plus profile (you will see a check mark next to the URL)

Thanks Lyena.

I'll work on adding those recommendations to the tool tomorrow.

A

You may consider changing the Add Author Markup to Add Publisher Markup. Author Markup should only be on blog posts with bylines not pages. Pages should only include Publisher Markup. See this reference:

Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: rel=”author” frequently asked (advanced) questions

1. What kind of pages can be used with authorship?
Good question! You can increase the likelihood that we show authorship for your site by only using authorship markup on pages that meet these criteria:
  • The URL/page contains a single article (or subsequent versions of the article) or single piece of content, by the same author. This means that the page isn’t a list of articles or an updating feed. If the author frequently switches on the page, then the annotation is no longer helpful to searchers and is less likely to be featured.
  • The URL/page consists primarily of content written by the author.
  • Showing a clear byline on the page, stating the author wrote the article and using the same name as used on their Google+ profile.

You may consider changing the Add Author Markup to Add Publisher Markup. Author Markup should only be on blog posts with bylines not pages. Pages should only include Publisher Markup. See this reference:

Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: rel=?author? frequently asked (advanced) questions

1. What kind of pages can be used with authorship?
Good question! You can increase the likelihood that we show authorship for your site by only using authorship markup on pages that meet these criteria:
  • The URL/page contains a single article (or subsequent versions of the article) or single piece of content, by the same author. This means that the page isn?t a list of articles or an updating feed. If the author frequently switches on the page, then the annotation is no longer helpful to searchers and is less likely to be featured.
  • The URL/page consists primarily of content written by the author.
  • Showing a clear byline on the page, stating the author wrote the article and using the same name as used on their Google+ profile.

Jamie, thanks for the feedback. I've removed the author markup recommendation and added the publisher markup instead. I've also added Lyena's recommendations into the checklist.

We're working on a exciting new enhancement to the checklist that will allow you to simultaneously store your checklist progress for multiple campaigns.

Keep 'em recommendations coming!

A

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom