More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Since I am so Google+ Local focused, I tend to skip over Facebook news but should not. Not only is FB big big in the minds of SMBs, but it's a big driver that pushes Google innovation. With Facebook making so many new moves into the local search space I think it will help push Google to keep improving local.

But too, for the benefit of your clients, the majority of consumers are on FB, so it can't be ignored as a potential customer acquisition channel.

Facebook Graph Search is brand new, just rolling out and there is the potential to capitalize on it.
Glenn Gabe explains how.

Facebook Graph Search: Local Search Ranking Factors - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

Graph Search has only rolled out to a limited set of users at this point (less than 1 million), and will continue to gradually roll out to more users over time.

Graph Search currently handles four key areas: photos, people, places, and interests. And as you can guess, "places" should be of particular interest to anyone running a local business.

Hopefully this post helped you gain a solid understanding of the local ranking factors for Facebook Graph Search. Again, Facebook is still in the process of rolling out Graph Search to its 1 billion+ active user base, so now is the time to get your Page and social strategy in order. Review the factors listed above and determine how you can strengthen your local rankings in Graph Search.

Nobody knows how popular Graph Search will become, but it's hard to ignore a social network the size of Facebook. In my opinion, there's a narrow window of opportunity for local businesses to get their Graph Search situation in order. Jump through that window, and fast. Good luck!

Here is Glenn's 1st article when Graph Search initially launched if you want to learn more. Facebook Graph Search – Initial Thoughts on Speed, Privacy, Online Reputation Management, Not Provided, and more
http://www.hmtweb.com/marketing-blog/facebook-graph-search-initial-thoughts/

What do you think? Anyone working on FB optimization for clients?

We are not working on Facebook optimization. However this post made me think about the importance of growing my social media connections within Google+. The influence of G+ engagement on Google search results is only going to increase. Unlike Facebook, we are in the lull before the storm with Google, because the adoption rate of Google + by mere mortals (incuding me) has been relatively slow. Although, the G+ storm is on the horizon. Linda you are the SEO Wizard. Toto and I loved the good old days back in Kansas when old school SEO worked really well. (Links, content, tags = results) Do you have a balloon ready to take us back?:)

Although, the G+ storm is on the horizon. Linda you are the SEO Wizard. Toto and I loved the good old days back in Kansas when old school SEO worked really well. (Links, content, tags = results) Do you have a balloon ready to take us back?:)

LOL Brian, I ain't no wizard and I only WISH I had a balloon that could take us back to the good 'ole days.

I remember the days when SEO was easy. Alta Vista where are you???

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom