More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I am writing to ask how to appeal a "NOT APPLIED" Google Maps spam report, i.e., a rejected one. This situation is complex but it comes up often in my vertical niche.

The state of Calif requires that home care agencies be separately licensed for every office in which they meet with clients.

Many agencies have one headquarters office that is licensed by the state, but also one or more "satellite" offices where they don't meet with clients but they do perform other administrative, marketing and HR tasks.

Many agencies "cheat" on Google Maps by setting up Maps listings with addresses for those offices even thought it's technically illegal for them to meet in those unlicensed locations.

To be listed on Google Maps, locations have to be available to meet with clients. (right?)

There's no way to explain this complicated situation using the minimalist UI that Maps provides now for reporting map spam.

Usually, my map spam reports get rejected because there is an office there, but the local guides who reject my spam reports don't realize that it's against the law for the agencies to meet with clients there.

So, how can I appeal those rejections? Or, am I wrong about these locations being ineligible for Maps listings?

They have to do face-to-face contact with customers but it doesn't mean it has to be at that location. If they have an office there with signage and it's staffed during regular business hours, it would be allowed.

They have to do face-to-face contact with customers but it doesn't mean it has to be at that location. If they have an office there with signage and it's staffed during regular business hours, it would be allowed.

So the face-to-face contact would be at the customer's home or office, then? So... it's then a SAB. Right?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom