location tattoo removal

I get 1 page of businesses

When I search for

laser tattoo removal location

I get 6 businesses in total.

I just listed my site for the term in the area and its showing up for both
location tattoo removal
tattoo removal location
But it does not show up when searching for laser tattoo removal.

There is no laser tattoo removal category to select just tattoo removal so I am curious why ranking for laser tattoo removal seems elusive for myself and all these other businesses. The only way really to remove a tattoo is with a laser so the only type of tattoo removal is laser tattoo removal.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Has anyone seen anything similar?

Re: tattoos!

Are you able to share the location?

There are so to speak but none of these methods work, they are total snake oil but dont get me ranting about tattoo removal creams and the like or we will be here all day!

Are you able to share the location?

Okay, try these searches:

Tattoo removal glasgow
glasgow tattoo removal
laser tattoo removal glasgow

and see the different levels of output on these searches to get an idea of what I mean.

Thanks!

note its Glasgow in Scotland UK just in case there is a glasgow in the US somewhere which I expect there probably is

If there is no category for 'laser tattoo removal' then the only way the Google algo would be able to differentiate between a 'laser tattoo removal' listing and the others would be from getting information from elsewhere, most likely the their associated website.

Check the websites of the ones that come up for 'laser' with the other ones that don't and see if they there is a difference in the use of that word.

I 100% agree with what Yan said. I've found the biggest influences for terms that don't match a specific GMB category (like laser tattoo removal) would be content on the website (and how it's organized), and words used in reviews on Google and other review sites.

Something else I might suggest is looking into reserve with Google like this guy is using.

I thought that too, it was one of the 1st things I did but the sites ranking at the top are all just a few pages and shockingly bad content (think frontpage 2002) and terrible design. They are also really small sites.

I think the guys are the top have a trick that they use to get the top rankings as the top listings are all owned by the same guy despite how bad they all are

James,

I might be getting different results than you since I'm searching from the city center but this is what I see for "laser tattoo removal glasgow"

Glassgow Tattoo.jpg

Google is ranking them b/c it's on their website - specifically in their H1 on the homepage.

The first one on this list isn't even allowed - if you report it to Google you can get it removed. It's a keyword-stuffed duplicate of the 3rd one.

Glassgow Tattoo.jpg

James,

I might be getting different results than you since I'm searching from the city center but this is what I see for "laser tattoo removal glasgow"

Google is ranking them b/c it's on their website - specifically in their H1 on the homepage.

The first one on this list isn't even allowed - if you report it to Google you can get it removed. It's a keyword-stuffed duplicate of the 3rd one.

Thanks this is really interesting, I have added the wording to our H1s too now. I wasnt getting that note that says that they mention laser tattoo removal which you are.

Yes the 1st and 3rd one are annoying me, that same person with that same address are all over with different sites, basically laser hair removal, scar removal..... anything you can do with a laser they have a load of sites for.

I reported them around a week ago so am hoping for some action.

Thanks again highlighting that comment "their website mentions laser hair removal" which was not showing up for me could be a game changer.

thanks - I will leave it in their hands for now as we are nowhere near top 3 and have reported it. If it gets to the point where its keeping us out of the top pack we will post and link as suggested.

Some people like this seem to have a forumla that they have cracked that enables them to rank spammy rubbish sites really quickly. Id love to know what it was

Some people like this seem to have a forumla that they have cracked that enables them to rank spammy rubbish sites really quickly. Id love to know what it was

Well in the case of the first listing, the secret is just that they have a "business name" which is an exact match to the search.

Edit - okay I copied and pasted the URLs in my original post and it made them all into hyperlinks so I edited them out

Well in the case of the first listing, the secret is just that they have a "business name" which is an exact match to the search.

This is really interesting, I might be late to the party picking this up but every city I look at seems to have these. Im basically studying the local thing in detail at the moment but a search for

SEO Leeds = seoleeds.net
Roofers Glasgow = roofers-glasgow.co.uk
London Loft conversion = southlondonlofts.co.uk

It seems like its a really effective strategy to rank properties with exact match domains, sort of like 2008 SEO.

Would the listings above be regarded as "under threat of removal" or are they quite safe?

James,

It's always a threat but how much of a threat is not easy to determine.

Personally, at my agency, one of the first things we do with a new client is sweep through their city and main keywords and make sure we get every one of these not-legit types of listings removed. In Local SEO it's one of the low-effort-high-impact tasks that should be on everyone's to-do list, in my opinion.

BTW - I edited the title of this thread to help it get more visibility.

Thanks again - really useful insight, I think I will do this.... do you know if there is a criteria for what I should flag, for example would the above three examples count as spammy and can I get in trouble for flagging things like that?

For example if I flagged the above three and google decided that they were not spam would they then start to ignore my future flags?

Just through leaving reviews over the year (and years) I have a level 7 google guide account so I wondered if flagging with that would add credibility?

As far as what you should flag and how you should report them, see this guide.

The method you use (how you report them) is really important. For example, reporting something as a duplicate on Google Maps literally does nothing in my experience.

How many reviews you have left doesn't contribute to the authority of your public edits on Google Maps to my knowledge.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom