More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has had experiences working with a company that offers Google Posts as a service. What was your experience like?

I know Ben and his team at Steady Demand do a fantastic job.

It also looks like Yext, Sendible and Buffer offer it as a service as well.

Thanks

Not exactly an answer, Colan, but at my company we decided to bring it in-house.

We are already creating at least one piece of new content per week for our SEO clients. It was easy for us to extend that service by (manually) adding Posts each week to our clients' GMB accounts. Those weekly GMB Posts are synopses of that week's new site content.

That work is done by our writers who are already doing the content creation and posting to the clients' websites. We pay them a wee bit more to make it worth their while to do the extra work.

Not exactly an answer, Colan, but at my company we decided to bring it in-house.

We are already creating at least one piece of new content per week for our SEO clients. It was easy for us to extend that service by (manually) adding Posts each week to our clients' GMB accounts. Those weekly GMB Posts are synopses of that week's new site content.

That work is done by our writers who are already doing the content creation and posting to the clients' websites. We pay them a wee bit more to make it worth their while to do the extra work.

we use a similar approach and have found that our clients also really like to use Posts for event promotion.

This is my first time hearing about this and it is pretty interesting, but makes sense. If there are service providers for social media sharing, eventually there would be businesses selling GMB posting services.

Depending on how much a company is charging or your scaleability goals, I'm not sure it is worth paying a third party company to handle this strategy.

Here are some pretty simple GMB strategies: https://www.<wbr>brightlocal.com/2018/02/20/<wbr>create-google-business-post-<wbr>will-win-customers/

GMB posting can be very effective in local search, earning a local business a ton of views and interactions, so there is definitely value there hence why service providers are offering GMB sharing as a service.

We recently began offering weekly Google Posts as part of our standard LOCAL service.

From a SaaS retention strategy perspective, incorporating posts seems like a good move. Proof of work/performance is highly visible. If we don't have a specific offer/news/event to promote, we simply highlight individual products or services, or create a basic call-to-action.

As far as posts contributing as a ranking factor, we don't tout it, but if it drives more customer engagement, which for many business types it will, then yes, my guess is it will probably help local search rankings in many cases.

I create virtual tours as part of the Google Trusted Photographer program.

Myself and many other GTPs were very upset when google made changes a while back which removed the "See Inside" box from the knowledge panel, as well as hiding 360 imagery on mobile, as the last tab in the photos section.

Posts are a great way of making visual content such as virtual tours and videos stand out when looking at GMB content once again, making the one time investment in "evergreen" content such as this, more prominent.

We are implementing Google Posts as a service as part of an overall bundle, if anyone wants to chat on skype about virtual tours and posts, send me a PM.

I was under the impression that Posts were only seen when the person searching is looking for your company specifically. They come up with the other company profile information. Is that true?

For example, the only way my company's posts come up are when you search for my company name. If you search for anything else, even exact words that are in the post, it does not show.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom