More threads by HangTenSEO

Reaction score
I have a client that has 2 car dealerships very close to each other.

Fremont Volkswagen <wbr>Casper
6001 E 2nd Casper, WY 82609

4.3 (34) Review Rating
Moz Local Score is 84%
Listed as: Car Dealer, Used Car Dealer, Tire Shop, Auto Repair Shop, Volkswagen Dealer
=====================

Fremont Motor Casper
6101 E 2ND ST CASPER, WY 82609

3.0 (40) Review Rating
Moz Local Score 81%
Listed as Car Dealer, Auto Body Shop, Auto Repair Shop, Chrysler Dealer, Used Car Dealer
=====================

One dealership sells Volkswagens and the other sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM vehicles.

When you do a search for "casper wyoming car dealers", Fremont Motor Casper shows up in the 3 pack, but when you click "More Places", Fremont Volkswagen <wbr>Casper doesn't display in the other listings. You have to Zoom to the area before you see it.

Any idea what might be causing only one dealership to display in the initial search listings and not both, especially since they are very close to each other?

Both Dealerships are currently using Yext and Moz Local for citation building.

The only difference I could find is in the Actual GMB accounts Fremont Motor Casper spells out "East" for the address and Fremont Volkswagen Casper uses "E" for east.
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 15.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87); background-color: #ffffff}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style><style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 15.0px Helvetica; color: #ffffff; color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.87); -webkit-text-stroke: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.87); background-color: #4285f4}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}</style>

This is the way Possum works. It filters nearby businesses that are related. I did a consultation a few months ago for a car dealer in the same boat. It's likely they will never both rank for that term but Google will rank the correct one if the person is more specific with the search (ex: a search for a jeep dealer).

I highlight it in more detail in the presentation I did last fall at LocalU.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom