20+ Signals That Boost Your Local Search Visibility

Linda Buquet

Here is a really good post by Andrew Shotland over at Search Engine Land I wanted to share with you guys, in case you missed it.

20+ Signals That Make Your Business Easier To Find In Local Search Engines

While we usually talk about how to rank well in Google, there are plenty of non-Google local search engines such as Yelp, YP.com, CityGrid, etc. that have a significant amount of highly-qualified consumer search traffic.

Each of these sites has its own proprietary search algorithms. It may make sense to study the algorithms of the biggest; but, in general, there are a number of standard basic ways to provide data about your business that can influence how you rank in any local search engine.

Oh, cool. Haven't read a piece from Andrew in a bit. Going to read, now. Thanks for posting, Linda.

mborgelt

I think this is a great point. Sometimes we all focus on Google+ Local to much and forget about these other great non-Google search engines. While I have heard some horror stories about Yelp, I have also heard that they can generate quality traffic to your site.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group