More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
My client just added another practitioner that's serving its new location. The practice now has 3 locations. My question is what's the best GMB listing strategy to maximize visibility on Google maps and to show up on local search results? Option 1 - to have one practice listing for each location? Option 2 - to have one listing for each doctor (irrelevant of location)? Should there be an overall GMB listing just for the practice that's not associated with any of the doctors? I'm trying to wrap my head around how to balance getting visibility and not diluting each listing. Also, if patients are to write reviews, wouldn't it be optimal to aggregate all reviews to one listing? If there are multiple listings of each location and doctor, then reviews would be scattered.

Practitioner listings are a great idea if they are using different categories than the practice. Usually with doctors there are enough categories to make this really effective. The primary category you choose carries more ranking weight so you can get an advantage if the categories don't overlap at all.

See case #2 here: SearchLove Boston 2019 - Joy Hawkins - 10 Ways to Get Results with Lo…

We saw a competitor that has a practioner listing for each location where the practice has a location. So if the practice has 3 locations, Dr. Bob has 3 separate practioner listings, Dr. Sue has 3 separate practioner listings and the practice has 3 separate listing. That doesn't seem right to me.

We saw a competitor that has a practioner listing for each location where the practice has a location. So if the practice has 3 locations, Dr. Bob has 3 separate practioner listings, Dr. Sue has 3 separate practioner listings and the practice has 3 separate listing. That doesn't seem right to me.

This is totally allowed per the GMB guidelines. Technically they should have different opening hours since one person can't be in 2 places at once but I wouldn't worry about it since there is currently no enforcement whatsoever with hours violations.

@JoyHawkins @Pam Weber I had just spoken with a colleague of my on the pros and cons of a practitioner have a listing for each location. Does this help or hurt a doctor's visibility on Google? Is it better to manage and optimize a single listing or a practice/clinic listing vs. multiple listings? We have clients whose doctor/practitioner listing has established visibility on Google with reviews attached to them. The question now is should we create a clinic/practice listing and switch to optimizing/managing that and leave the individual practitioner listing alone?

If they don't share categories, I would definitely suggest it.

This is a quick dummy schema for my understanding for multi-GMB listings allowed under on locale since doctors are rated individually.

Big Deal Medical Specialty Group PLLC - Norfolk, VA (Main GMB)
- Dr A - Gastroenterologist - attached GMB
- Dr B- Hematologist - attached GMB
- Dr C - Thoratic Surgery - attached GMB
- Dr D - Internal Medicine - attached GMB

I would assume this is definitely allowed. I see this all the time for large medical practices. Thoughts?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom