403 Error When Verifying Google+ Page Bug or Bad Messaging?

Linda Buquet

New issue where folks trying to verify their Google+ page (not Place page) are getting 403 errors. Not sure yet if this is a bug or just bad messaging.

According to Flash AKA Gregg, also a member here... Most of these listings DON'T QUALIFY to be verified IE merged with Place pages.

So this may be a backhanded penalty message kinda like "do not support location" errors in Places. That makes it sound like it's a technical error when in fact it's sometimes a guideline violation.

Of course some are saying they didn't know SABs could not merge and they wish the system or something would have warned them instead of wasting time and leaving them in limbo land!

403 Error when trying to verify Google+ Page - Google Groups

Jade made the post a sticky at top of forum and is asking for examples.

But as Flash pointed out most of these are SABs that look like they don't qualify to merge and SOME should not even have Place pages...

SEE RELATED POST - Google is FORCING businesses to VERIFY EVEN IF THEY DON'T QUALIFY.
Crazy they are making you verify whether you want to or not when things are still this buggy!

http://localsearchforum.catalystema...ogle-local-now-forcing-g-business-merges.html

iggypop

Forum Member
I am so glad i seen this post.. that explains why I kept on getting that annoying error each time ..thank you.