More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
reviews-help-businesses.png

6 Ways Online Reviews Help Businesses Internally

Reviews are mandatory.

Research shows great online reviews are a fundamental part of building and maintaining a successful business. You know it. I know it. A strong review portfolio gives prospective customers the data they need to buy.

But what about employees?

Is it possible that your review portfolio has an effect on your business internally? On company morale and employee performance?

Andrew goes on to highlight a variety of ways that implementing an online review acquisition strategy can actually benefit the internal culture of your company among other unexpected benefits.

Read the entire post here.

LSF_CTA.png

reviews-help-businesses.png

6 Ways Online Reviews Help Businesses Internally

Andrew goes on to highlight a variety of ways that implementing an online review acquisition strategy can actually benefit the internal culture of your company among other unexpected benefits.

Read the entire post here.

LSF_CTA.png

This is a great thought and leads me to a realization I had a couple nights ago. A friend of mine was applying for jobs in my hometown and I was helping her find a work environment that would benefit her expertise.
She got an interview at a local club here in Colorado Springs. I did a little research and this place had an aggregate star pack score of 2.0. Yikes.
One review said "Terrible". We got a chuckle out of this but it made me realize. Not only consumers look at reviews. Your future employees look at your reviews as well.

This is a great thought and leads me to a realization I had a couple nights ago. A friend of mine was applying for jobs in my hometown and I was helping her find a work environment that would benefit her expertise.
She got an interview at a local club here in Colorado Springs. I did a little research and this place had an aggregate star pack score of 2.0. Yikes.
One review said "Terrible". We got a chuckle out of this but it made me realize. Not only consumers look at reviews. Your future employees look at your reviews as well.

Great point Jon! Not only do you have future employees looking at the big review sites, but sites like Glassdoor now have a huge impact on the job search. Especially for highly qualified candidates that companies are vying over.

That leads me to wonder how many companies do review acquisition from their own employees?

We don't have a huge staff at grade.us, but at least once a quarter we internally ask employees to leave us a review. Super helpful to see how the company is performing from the perspective of employees and another way for us to showcase the benefits of working here.

Does anyone else have a strategy for internal employee reviews?

I worked for Apple for about a year and they did review acquisition once a quarter. This worked very well for them. When people left the store I was at, a lot of people left all at once. A mass exodus. Yet, somehow, they had everyone replaced within the same week. I believe through this review acquisition they were able to forecast their turnover rate.

I worked for Apple for about a year and they did review acquisition once a quarter. This worked very well for them. When people left the store I was at, a lot of people left all at once. A mass exodus. Yet, somehow, they had everyone replaced within the same week. I believe through this review acquisition they were able to forecast their turnover rate.

Whoa. That's impressive (that they had everyone replaced without missing a beat), but terrifying that so many people left all at once. But I feel like that does tend to happen with companies. Depending on the industry naturally, but it feels like people tend to leave in waves.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom