• Monday February 18, 2019
    Family Day in Canada and Presidents' Day in the US

Some forum members and Local Search Experts will be off today. It may take longer to receive answers to your questions.

7 Things I?ve Figured Out About The New Google Maps

Andrew Shotland just shared some observations about the new Google Maps over at Search Engine Land.

7 Things I?ve Figured Out About The New Google Maps

Google has been busy changing a lot of the user interfaces for its local search services. Between the new Google Maps, the Google Local Carousel and the new Reviews Pop-Ups, they have certainly thrown the local search world into a tizzy.

I have been playing around with the new Google Maps, and I thought I?d share some random observations about how to work inside the Matrix:

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Good write-up. As Andrew mentioned, an all-caps name is a violation. Listings that have had all-caps names for a while may be grandfathered in, but my guess is that Google won't let you change your listing in this way now.

I have a client whose business name is one word and all lower-case letters except for the middle letter, which is upper-case. It actually is important for his branding, and makes a lot of sense in-context. Google capitalized only the first letter anyway, which is precisely what he didn't want.

Google is very vanilla about caps.

I liked “MapLap”?. :p

I posted in detail about that problem awhile back but didn't think to coin a new phrase about it.
MapLap is perfect.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group