More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
Today's Blog Post:

9 Customer Service Hacks to Win Rave Reviews

2.jpg

9 Customer Service Hacks to Win Rave Reviews

No matter your industry, quality customer service has become a major differentiating factor for businesses. If your customer service team is not up to snuff, your company will be hemorrhaging revenue.

To be honest, quality customer service is not complicated. Essentially, your customers need to embrace theses mantras:

• Be humble
  • Be helpful
  • Be friendly
  • Be knowledgeable
  • Be thoughtful
  • Be useful
  • Be timely
  • Every customer-facing employee is a part of customer service
  • Ask for the Review!
Your HR and Executive team are responsible for bringing the right people on board. They’re also accountable for training, supporting, educating and informing their staff.

In this article, we’re going to reverse-engineering some great reviews in order to illuminate 9 customer service hacks that will impress your customers, have them returning to your business in droves, and influence them to drive new business your way via word-of-mouth and 5 star online reviews.

Discussion Questions:

Do your clients have a routine where they always remember to ask for a review?

Why is it so hard for people to ask for a review?

Any other customer service hacks that you'd recommend for other agencies/consultants to pass on to their clients?

If you found the blog post interesting, please share it with anyone that you think would find it valuable!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever want to discuss reputation management and if you have any requests for topics that we can cover on the Grade.us blog.

Please follow Grade.us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog!

2.jpg

In this article, we’re going to reverse-engineering some great reviews in order to illuminate 9 customer service hacks that will impress your customers, have them returning to your business in droves, and influence them to drive new business your way via word-of-mouth and 5 star online reviews.

Thanks Garrett. I bolded that last paragraph and quoted it again because I love the idea of
reverse-engineering good reviews.

Those customer service hacks are the basics. Everyone should be doing them. But often times the reason we don't get good reviews OR get bad ones, is because those basic principles are ignored or skipped.

I think often times Local Search Consultants say to customers: "Are you consistently asking for reviews."

Maybe another question to ask clients is: "What are you doing every day to ensure your service is excellent to help make it easier to get more positive reviews?"

Thanks again Garrett!

Thank you for the reply Linda!

I agree that many of these are basic, but I think many small businesses miss the opportunity to delight their customers.

You're correct in that I'm sure many companies have the best intentions with providing good customer service. Buy in can be difficult, and it's important that the manager models the behaviors that they want their reps to emulate. It all starts with the manager.

I'd be curious also to hear how often customer service employees (or at the very least, the customer service manager) are included in consultant meetings.

Thanks for bolding that last paragraph!

Great post, as always Garrett! Basic or not, I think part of keeping a healthy business is always going through and refining what you've been doing... and whether it's business, music, or anything else, mastering the basics is just about the best thing you can spend time on.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom